Bio Sculpture overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickybio

Reaction score
Hey ladies :)

i have been using bio sculpture for quite a while and never really had any probelms. but just recently a lot of my regular clients have been ringing me with lifting and peeling issues before there infills are due. my lamp lights are changed regularly and i am very thorough with my prep and havent changed to any new products and always wrap the gel at the free edge. im confused and its beginning to stress me out and doubt myself lol.:cry:

i would be very grateful for any input or advice on how you lovely lot do your overlays and if you are experiencing anything similar? thank youu xxx

lots of geeks have been having issues with bio since it changed to LED, have you joined the bio group? have a look and read through some of the post on there,

are you sure its not your bulbs though?do you turn the bulbs round?not just change them?x

Hey ladies :)

i have been using bio sculpture for quite a while and never really had any probelms. but just recently a lot of my regular clients have been ringing me with lifting and peeling issues before there infills are due. my lamp lights are changed regularly and i am very thorough with my prep and havent changed to any new products and always wrap the gel at the free edge. im confused and its beginning to stress me out and doubt myself lol.:cry:

i would be very grateful for any input or advice on how you lovely lot do your overlays and if you are experiencing anything similar? thank youu xxx

I don't get complaints about my biosculpture gel overlays.. tell, what's your procedure with prepping etc ? I know since I did the course 7 years ago the whole procedure in the training has changed in various ways over the years.

I was going to say the same thing, I think the formula has changed slightly since being led curable :(

just wanted to say that i dont have problems with bio, in fact clients are getting longer to be honest, its just the removal for me thats a pain!x

I've just got one client I've been doing for years that's had slight lifting the last 2/3 treatments x

I don't trust biosculpture with an LED lamp, (i think biosculpture are just trying to compete with the market but led isn't designed for their gel) I always cure with uv, I think you get a tougher finish with uv, but that's just me .

Thanks for your replies :)
Yeah I have joined the bio sculpture group, I'll have a look through there, thank you.
I am still using the uv lamp and I turn the bulbs as well as replace them. I am currently dual cleansing, do all the cuticle work, lightly remove shine, then dual cleanse and anti fungal. When dry I use clear gel as the base then 2 colours then usually flexi gel to finish.
Would anyone recommend using a different gel to finish? I absolutely love bio and all the colours they do and really don't want to change to anything else :( xx

yes try using a different gel top coat as clients nails change and what used to work for her doesnt now. try clear as your top as well or sgel x

I don't trust biosculpture with an LED lamp, (i think biosculpture are just trying to compete with the market but led isn't designed for their gel) I always cure with uv, I think you get a tougher finish with uv, but that's just me .

Really?! I think you will find that many of us Bio techs use the LED lamp and the gels very successfully and have no problems whatsoever. My clients have all remarked how much better they think Bio is with the new LED and I agree it is.

Thank yoi, ill try a few different gels for the final layer. What order and products do you use for yours?x

VickyBio
Have a look in the Bio Techs group my love. There loads of info and help there x

Thank yoi, ill try a few different gels for the final layer. What order and products do you use for yours?x

i personally use clear, 2 x colour and then either flexi, clear or sgel although as sgel was getting so hard to remove i havent used for a while and am busy trialling sealer gel. On a few of my clients that are very heavy on their hands i use uv on top of clear but someone has suggested i try 2 x clear coats as removal is easier.....just play and see what works but explain why you are changing to clients as they will notice!!

also since the bulbs on my old lamps ran out and ive switched to my cnd lamp for all nail services and not just shellac clients are saying they can feel the difference and that the gels feel stronger??!!

Really?! I think you will find that many of us Bio techs use the LED lamp and the gels very successfully and have no problems whatsoever. My clients have all remarked how much better they think Bio is with the new LED and I agree it is.

That's why I love this site, as it's good to get honest opinions on things :hug:

Hello

Could you add in a dehydrator such as Nail Fresh by CND?

I use that for clients who report lifting and it really works x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yeah I've read a few things about scrub fresh and think ill get some of that to try. Thank you all for your input, I'll have a play around with different layers of different gels :) xx

Scrub fresh and Nail Fresh are different products, go for nail fresh. Also, I use s-gel as my top coat. Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yeah I've read a few things about scrub fresh and think ill get some of that to try. Thank you all for your input, I'll have a play around with different layers of different gels :) xx

sorry hun i just took it for granted that you used scrubfresh as most of us do!!since using scrubfresh i have no lifting with clients at all xxx

Lol it's ok. Do you just use the scrub fresh in place of dual cleanser? Also can you remove the sticky with it?

Adventuregirl: what's the difference between the two?

xx

I also use scrubfresh after removing the shine. On clients that are really hard on their nails and have lifting problems I cleanse each nail again just before application of Sculpting. I use s-gel as a top coat on these clients and if they are stylists I use S-gel and uv as the top coat as that seems to resist hair color better. Seems to be working. I have found with the new LED the clear coat becomes harder and shinier/smoother. But it's too early to tell for me how well the new light works as I have only just started using it.

Latest posts

Back