Bio sculpture postage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually sent them a note a few months ago saying there were a lot of unhappy bio techs out there and that they should check it out. I got a note back saying thanks for letting them know. Obviously they've not done anything about improving their customer relations.

Is there a "main person" who is responsible for bio uk? I guess that's the person who needs to read your complaints.

Deb379

I've also brought things up with them....several times. And told them to get their backsides on here - they tell me they watch the board for comments on Bio, but one wonders if they take any notice!

The person who is overall responsible for the UK is Rene Lipsitz....I've been reliably informed that she would be horrifed to know people current thoughts on Bio, but with all going on in my life right now, i've never had chance to contact her. maybe a few of us should....strength in numbers and all that.

Hi

Doesn't look like she has her own email address but found this link. I shall drop her a note with a link to this thread.

Bio Sculpture

Deb379

Well I spoke to the top lady yesterday at olympia and she is well aware what is being said as well as her educators.

Only one of there distributors is imposing a minimum order and this is £40.

This is fact and came from the top lady herself.

Her educators are aware that comments are being made and are in the process of dealing with it.

I hope that this has set some minds at ease that Bio are aware of the situation.

Let's hope they acknowledge the problems and do something about it.

Regards
Deb379

They are fully aware of what is being said and are addressing it.

You cant get any higher than Rene Lipsitz, and I had a in depth conversation with her yesterday.

She assured me that it is being dealt with and thats all I can say at the moment.

She was very understanding and knows about what is being said on here. So be assures that it will be dealt with in the correct way.

And similarly, I've had assurance back from a contact of mine that the situation has been raised and is being addressed, lets hope positively. It would be a HUGE shame for them to lose even more techs because of issues like this.

I'm also absolutely confident that this board is being watched by Bio at the moment....and I'm sure they take on board all comments.

I also truly hope that at some point in the future that they join us as active members of the forum and contribute as there are so many great Bio techs on hear that would love that.

I'm also absolutely confident that this board is being watched by Bio at the moment....and I'm sure they take on board all comments.

I also truly hope that at some point in the future that they join us as active members of the forum and contribute as there are so many great Bio techs on hear that would love that.

Hi Lyndsay

I would love them to be a member of this site - that would make a massive difference to many of us I think. Would show us that they are at least listening to us.

Must add though I have never had a problem the customer service at my Bio centre in Manchester. Always been more than helpful.

Just hope things lighten up next time i phone and order something....we will wait and see. I paid alot of cash to do my training and to be honest when you get spoken to the way i did one does wonder if they do care and all they are after is £££....im willing to give bio a go but they got to meet training/newbie/qualified techs half way.

Oh geeks...ive got myself into a paddy:cry:
I have just spent over £100 on new biosculpture gels and top ups and they charged me £11.87 postage!:eek:
I just dont get it, the products are at the expensive end of the market and i personally feel if you spend over a certain amount that you should be entitled to a reduced postage charge.
Im just wondering if you some of you feel the same way or am i just have a hissy fit.
Sorry i just feel it is a bit steap.:irked:
Ruthy

I have been using bio-sculpture for nearly seven years now , i have found the product to be FANTASTIC , i also pay for an excelent product as they are the leading gel on the market at the mo, i dont have a problem with the money coming back in as the clients are more than happy with the treatment i give to them, as i say i have used the product for nearly 7 yrs and they have not had one price increase. most companys go up with inflation . I hope i get to chat with other techs on here in the future bye for now Laura..

I am reading a lot of comments about poor customer service on bio-sculpture, i find it hard to beleive them as They was up in the finalists along side Creative etc, for the SECOND year running at the Proffesional Beauty Awards in London , my distribitor is based in the north and they have a lovley young man called Jamie who goes out of his way to assist in any problems , Ilook forward to putting mi orders in they are very polite and helpfull , maybee thats why they have been up for the award for the last 2 years , at the end of the day everyone is entitled to THEIR opinion , they do give good customer support and if anyone has a problem maybee you should call them and sort it out .. I have a funny feeling Cal Gel is falling way back of them and they are trying to make out bad publicity for Bio sculpture , LONG LIVE BIO Thats what i say they have over 90 FABULOUS colours for anyone .. Well i Have a client booked in so i best go and attend to the lady .... Chow for Now x:)

I am reading a lot of comments about poor customer service on bio-sculpture, i find it hard to beleive them as They was up in the finalists along side Creative etc, for the SECOND year running at the Proffesional Beauty Awards in London , my distribitor is based in the north and they have a lovley young man called Jamie who goes out of his way to assist in any problems , Ilook forward to putting mi orders in they are very polite and helpfull , maybee thats why they have been up for the award for the last 2 years , at the end of the day everyone is entitled to THEIR opinion , they do give good customer support and if anyone has a problem maybee you should call them and sort it out .. I have a funny feeling Cal Gel is falling way back of them and they are trying to make out bad publicity for Bio sculpture , LONG LIVE BIO Thats what i say they have over 90 FABULOUS colours for anyone .. Well i Have a client booked in so i best go and attend to the lady .... Chow for Now x:)

I think you'll find there are many people on here that love the Bio product just as much as you, but maybe the difference is that Bio has a number of different distributors in the UK and from long history a lot of us know that not all of the distributors are quite as hot on customer service as others.

Calgel isn't falling behind, to be honest is catching up....FAST! And there have been a frightening amount of techs converted already. They are falling over themselves to look after Bio techs. I myself have been approached and have been incredibly impressed at the lengths that they have already gone to to try and get me and other techs to convert. My loyalty and the product keeps me with Bio for now. But in all honesty I know a lot of people that have already been tempted away and it won't be long before there are others.

Suffice to say the stuff that Calgel has already sent me, in the way of samples etc, is pretty impressive when I can't even get Bio Sculpture to send me a newsletter without first placing a £40 order.

I don't think you will find any underhand tactics coming from Calgel certainly not on here.
I would say anything on here written about Calgel are from their customers and not from anyone employed by Calgel.
It seems that the Bio product is not the problem,only the customer service and obviously that differs because there are different distributors for different areas.
I'm not sure what the idea is behind doing business that way.Maybe they dont have to have such large premises for stock who knows.In theory it should run better especially if the distributors are on commission.
Hopefully things will be sorted out its healthy in any industry to have good competition it keeps everyone on their toes.Thing is if they dont get their act together before Creative bring out something similar if they are going to,they will be well and truly stuffed.

I use NSI and they offer free delivery when you spend just £25 (excl. VAT) on their website. I'd let them know how good other companies are and leave it up to them to change their policy or risk losing more and more customers x

yes but they offer a mail order and phone ordering service but the delivery charge is £7.50 plus vat if you don't order online :confused:

I would just like to add.. I dont have a problem with the gel, just the postage and customer care i had.

Hi guys well I have to say that Naomi at St Albans has been very helpful in the past and gone out of her way to accommodate me but i do agree that sometimes things do seem a bit steep especially as we are paying top dollar for the products.

I did contact Calgel recently as I was dying to try out their new clear gel for sculpting as i had read on hear how good it is. I spoke to Simon, a really nice chap who kindly sent me a trial which i really like (although a few of my clients suffered heat spike where they do not with Bio??) Any hew I would have had to pay £220 to convert and a day out in Luton. whilst this is a lot cheaper than Bio I just can't afford this amount at the mo and really I would like to know how all of these Companies justify their fees as you only get the bare minimum in way of products and its only a conversion course for experienced techs not novices? They must be racking it in!! You would think they would be avtively seeking us out and trying to convert us or am I just being nieve.

Lyndsay you will have to tell me your secret lol (hope you, hubby and baby are all well x)

Oh well

Any hew I would have had to pay £220 to convert and a day out in Luton. whilst this is a lot cheaper than Bio I just can't afford this amount at the mo

Lyndsay you will have to tell me your secret lol (hope you, hubby and baby are all well x)

Oh well

Hiya

Worth noting the Calgel £220 doesn't include a lamp I don't think, anyway!) so a bit more comparative to Bio really when you can get their show kit (which doesn't really need to be at a show - they did a voucher in Scratch last month) for £350ish and it does include a lamp.

Erm...me, hubby and the baby....well its a very long story, and not a good one at all....see this thread and my journal updates...or pm me if you wanna know more x

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/54285-update-zingara-morgandie.html

I do like the bio but the main problem is you can't order less then $ 100 ...doesn't matter if you want to buy one thing or whole bunch of stuff....other thing is their clear gel turn yellow for some reason..don't know why:mad:

I do like the bio but the main problem is you can't order less then $ 100 ...doesn't matter if you want to buy one thing or whole bunch of stuff....other thing is their clear gel turn yellow for some reason..don't know why:mad:

Minimum orders differs per country and distributor...I used to place an order for one pot and ahve no problem. IMO a minimum order vlaue will put me off the small impulse buy of a new colour from time to time.

And yes the clear gel yellows as it is the most porous I believe, i don't use it at all now...try sealer gel instead on the natural nail (S-gel over the top for strength)....much better IMO.

Minimum orders differs per country and distributor...I used to place an order for one pot and ahve no problem. IMO a minimum order vlaue will put me off the small impulse buy of a new colour from time to time.

And yes the clear gel yellows as it is the most porous I believe, i don't use it at all now...try sealer gel instead on the natural nail (S-gel over the top for strength)....much better IMO.

I too stick to the sealer gel for the first coat and have never had a problem with yellowing. Infact dont think I actually have any clear gel at all now!

Thanks for the tip Zingara...i will have to order it first ...i m thinking what to do with the clear gel in the mean time i have pleanty left...may be i will mix glitter in it and use it on the tips:)

Latest posts

Back