Bio sculpture postage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10perfect10

Reaction score
Oh geeks...ive got myself into a paddy:cry:
I have just spent over £100 on new biosculpture gels and top ups and they charged me £11.87 postage!:eek:
I just dont get it, the products are at the expensive end of the market and i personally feel if you spend over a certain amount that you should be entitled to a reduced postage charge.
Im just wondering if you some of you feel the same way or am i just have a hissy fit.
Sorry i just feel it is a bit steap.:irked:
Ruthy

That was one of the reasons I converted to calgel, along with customer service.

mine was £15 postage this week!
i was told that they may be about to impliment a £140 minimum order too !

mine was £15 postage this week!
i was told that they may be about to impliment a £140 minimum order too !

Well I know what I would do then !

Paying for postage has to be covered somehow but a minimum order like that is outrageous IMO

i too was told about the minimum order too....i think she told me £50 though.

I use NSI and they offer free delivery when you spend just £25 (excl. VAT) on their website. I'd let them know how good other companies are and leave it up to them to change their policy or risk losing more and more customers x

I have never ordered less than £50 - all my orders are about £80-£100, cos its so expensive!!!

Still love it though.

That was one of the reasons I converted to calgel, along with customer service.
Funny you should say that because when i was ordering my colours, the woman on the other end of the phone said "hurry up love i havent got all day" :irked: I couldnt say anything back because i was sooooooo gobbsmacked that she spoke to me like that :eek: Cheeky mare.
Anyways i have only started bio so im in a pickle but if they carry on like they have been and dont smarten their act up i will be getting in contact with CALGEL.:rolleyes:
Ruthy

Omg i'm surprised they have any customers left :eek:

i too was told about the minimum order too....i think she told me £50 though.

no worries there then, you'd only need a couple of items.:lol:
i cant see why they would have a minimum order at all if the customer is paying for the postage.

You and me both hun. I had heard through the grapevine about their customer service.....but NO ONE would put up being spoken to like this in a shop!!! Or even if you were a sale person ...i know for a fact you would loose your job for speaking to people like that!!!!!!!!! They obviously dont care ...give em enough rope....

When companies state a minimum order it is normally to get you to increase the amount you spend with them.

Must add that I have never had any problems with the Bio customer service though, but the postage thing does annoy me.

So glad I went for Calgel, I was wanting to do Bio but could not get in on their training, (not suitable hours) for me. Calgel are just FANTASTIC, always in stock, nothing too much trouble, excellent customer service, next day delivery and at reasonable price too for postage. Their products are fantastic, and cannot rate CALGEL highly enough..

I was with Bio but not for long! Long enough to realise that they are only out to make money and not support their nailtechs.:irked:
So, I switched to Calgel, the difference is amazing!Right from the training which is brilliant (I trained at Luton with Robyn) to the fantastic support from the sales team. I cannot fault them in any way. and can only encourage you to defect too!!:)

I wonder if there are any reps for bio on here or do they even know whats going on.Time and time again their customer service is coming up as a major concern.Surely they need to start doing something about it ,they must know they are losing out to Calgel in a major way.
Anyone coming on this forum to do a search to compare the two will definately go with Calgel ,i did.They train and have headquarters not to far from eachother as well so people arnt even going to be swayed by logistics.
At the mo the only benefit with bio over calgel is their colour range,but Calgel are increasing theirs all the time and the fact that everyone seems to know their name more than Calgels but not for too much longer i shouldn't imagine.
At the mo they are market leaders in soak off gel, but for how much longer,fancy letting that slip through their fingers just because they couldn't be bothered.

What I don't understand is how on earth Biosculpture has such a good reputation and such a big client base if they have such awful Customer Service.

I am still torn between Biosculpture or Calgel. The demo I had of Calgel was a bit disappointing but maybe the lifting wasn't the norm and I was just unfortunate.

I am going to get a demo from Biosculpture at Olympia on Sunday and speak to them and take it from there. Will let you know which one I go with, if at all.

What I don't understand is how on earth Biosculpture has such a good reputation and such a big client base if they have such awful Customer Service.

I am still torn between Biosculpture or Calgel. The demo I had of Calgel was a bit disappointing but maybe the lifting:eek::eek: wasn't the norm and I was just unfortunate.

I am going to get a demo from Biosculpture at Olympia on Sunday and speak to them and take it from there. Will let you know which one I go with, if at all.

Try another calgel one too:green: !

amb x

Hi - yes they are crafty like that, it's next day delivery costs.

I always tell them that I don't want next day delivery. Always make sure you ask them the total price before you pay, checking out the postage cost.

I actually sent them a note a few months ago saying there were a lot of unhappy bio techs out there and that they should check it out. I got a note back saying thanks for letting them know. Obviously they've not done anything about improving their customer relations.

I must admit, when I did my first course with them I was quite annoyed by their pushy attitude to try and get you to buy every tool/product of theirs because it did this, or because you need it for that! I did wonder if the trainers were on a commission basis!

Luckily for me I'm not gullible and realised that half the stuff I didn't need, already had or could get cheaper elsewhere, whereas I know a lot of newbies often feel they have to buy everything. I've done quite a few courses and most training establishments are out to get your money every time, some are very subtle in their ways.

The other thing that annoyed me recently was because I hadn't done any nail stuff for over a year I wanted to clarify a certain procedure with them. So I emailed, then I got a call and basically it all boiled down to "you need to buy the new manual or get yourself on a course!" - no I just need you to remind me - I've already done your basic and advanced course. Thank goodness for this site and all the techs out there willing to help.

Oh ranting on again lol, when I did do their advanced course a while back they very sneakily forgot to tell us techs that in order to get an advanced cert, we'd have to take an assessment another day for another load of dosh! We were all furious as we were lead to believe that doing that 1 day was enough - I didn't bother going back for that bit of paper!

Is there a "main person" who is responsible for bio uk? I guess that's the person who needs to read your complaints.

Deb379

I am still torn between Biosculpture or Calgel. The demo I had of Calgel was a bit disappointing but maybe the lifting wasn't the norm and I was just unfortunate.

Hi,

I have put a Calgel NNO on myself 3 weeks ago and I have NO LIFTING what so ever !

When I used to wear L&P, I always used to get lifting after about 1½ - 2 weeks, so I am totally gobsmacked with the fact that the gel is still sitting put on my nails. :)

I will definately do what Amber recommends and have another Calgel demo nail done and see how you go then.

Marlise

Latest posts

Back