Bio Sculpture Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sianlxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have been working with bio sculpture since october 2006 and have not yet had any probs. I did not train with s gel and have a couple of queries now that i have started to use it. If i am using it with extensions what is the correct routine? how long is it cured for? and do u need to wipe over before continuing with overlay?? also sometimes the s gel pits and comes out of the light bumpy? what would cause this?
I would really appreciate your help thank u! xxx

I can't answer your question hun as i am trained with creative but what i would suggest is doing a conversion course with s gel before using it, you may think if you you can use one gel then you can use any which may be true but not without the proper education of the product...

I haven't heard of s gel before and can't quite understand why you changed???? if you didn't have any problems with bio, they are a well known company so i would have suck with them to be honest, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Hi

Who did you train with in October 2006?

S Gel has been available from Bio since before that date so yoy should have been trained in using S gel then as Bio only provide to people that have attended there training.

Ask your authorised Bio trainer for a refresher course and I am sure they would be happy to oblidge.

see that goes to show i don't knoe too much about gel i thought s gel was from a diffo company, like oey said ask the for a refresher course xx

I would love to know what you have been using instead of S gel, sealer perhaps?? As Oey said S gel has been around for sometime so you can't have trained with Bio.
Sorry to sound Anal but I would like to know where you are in your training before advising you. You can PM me if you like.

Over in NZ we only recieved sgel round last oct! Finally :) We also dont have the sealer gel which I have seen on the international websites so we used to do two coats of clear gel. Sgel has been great as it offers so much extra strength. Anyway it needs to be applied a bit thicker than the clear gel or else it will come out of the uv light bumpy. As everyone else has said it would be best to phone bio and have a refresher course as they will be able to give you all of the info you need:confused:

thank u for ur help, im not sure why everyone else is being so rude to me! i am fully qulaified thank you they just didnt give enough info on s gel and my salon have never used s gel so neither have I. a colleague has recently been on the training and was taught more on s gel she then showed me, and as a result i have had the problems that i mentioned. i thought this sight was supposed to help eachother with problems not being offensive

Hi , I trained with Bio before the S - Gel and when the S - Gel came out I was just sent info on it and I have been using it with no problems as a topcoat instead of the nail polish style top coat. Your best bet is to phone Bio about your problem. Could it be that your brush still was wet from cleaning ?

Hi , I trained with Bio before the S - Gel and when the S - Gel came out I was just sent info on it and I have been using it with no problems as a topcoat instead of the nail polish style top coat. Your best bet is to phone Bio about your problem. Could it be that your brush still was wet from cleaning ?

shock horror i wasnt 'trained' with s gel either !

They simply just sent out the instructions for me when i first bought it!

Im sure this is the case for loads of peeps .

AMb x

Hi everyone I have been working with bio sculpture since october 2006 and have not yet had any probs. I did not train with s gel and have a couple of queries now that i have started to use it.

If i am using it with extensions what is the correct routine? you can use s-gel to BUILD with or as a TOP GLOSS NOT on the natural nail

how long is it cured for? for a high shine gloss double cure for building normal cure.

and do u need to wipe over before continuing with overlay?? if you need to file it WIPE if you dont...carry on

also sometimes the s gel pits are you applying it thick enough? do you give it a stir before use?and comes out of the light bumpy? what would cause this?
I would really appreciate your help thank u! xxx

amb x

Thank you so much, very helpful. I called the head office today and they are sending me sgel instructions! I think im all set to go now! Thanks again xxxxxxxxxx:lol::lol:

Thank you so much, very helpful. I called the head office today and they are sending me sgel instructions! I think im all set to go now! Thanks again xxxxxxxxxx:lol::lol:

Hi,
if you get the instructions I would love a copy! I trained with Buio in Feb but they didn't go inot much detail about the s-gel. To be honest I am still a bit confused about the difference between celar gel and sealer gel? cant see how sealer is different from clear?
I use the s-gel most as I was told it was stronger.
Kate

thank u for ur help, im not sure why everyone else is being so rude to me! i am fully qulaified thank you they just didnt give enough info on s gel and my salon have never used s gel so neither have I. a colleague has recently been on the training and was taught more on s gel she then showed me, and as a result i have had the problems that i mentioned. i thought this sight was supposed to help eachother with problems not being offensive

No one was being rude hun i think you misunderstood what was writtern xx

Clear gel is the base and sealer is top coat. Sealer gives a shinier finish and prevents yellowing. Give bio a call and they are more than willing to pop the info in the post for you. You'll prob get hold of it quicker that way.

Yeah i know i feel a little silly for taking it the wrong way thank u for all your help xxxxxxxxx

Hi,
if you get the instructions I would love a copy! I trained with Buio in Feb but they didn't go inot much detail about the s-gel. To be honest I am still a bit confused about the difference between celar gel and sealer gel? cant see how sealer is different from clear?
I use the s-gel most as I was told it was stronger.
Kate

Katie, Clear gel is also much stronger than the sealer gel, however I use Bio a lot and I prefer a combination of sealer and S-gel for strength to clear gel, as I find the clear gel discolours quite badly. Sealer gel is fine to use on the natural nail...although S-gel is not.

And in response to the original post (and any others in the same boat I guess) To be honest, if your training was in the last 18 months, ie since S-gel has been readily available then I would pick this up with Bio. Everyone is more than happy to help on here, but it really is worth while giving that feedback to them, so they can make sure people are comfortable with using it in future. I trained nearly 2 years ago yet have done refreshers with them since covering it, and feel there are certain things about S gel best covered in training.

I presume you trained with Esther if you are in Surrey? If so, call her, she'll be only to happy to help, | know, as I've frequently had conversations with her about her great ongoing support as an educator.

S gel is a sealer gel- last step in application over their coloured, sculpting,clear or royal gel. I had pitting with it when cured for 2minutes. Then my rep told me they discovered it worked much better when cured for 4minutes. Once cured, that final slimy coating is wiped off with their nail polish remover...not the sanitizer. It works perfect every time and I've been very pleased with it. (Unfortunately, I have had no need to retail their top coat now). Remember the S gel is not to go on the natural nail...always used over top.

Hope this helps.

Sharon

S gel is a sealer gel- last step in application over their coloured, sculpting,clear or royal gel. I had pitting with it when cured for 2minutes. Then my rep told me they discovered it worked much better when cured for 4minutes. Once cured, that final slimy coating is wiped off with their nail polish remover...not the sanitizer. It works perfect every time and I've been very pleased with it. (Unfortunately, I have had no need to retail their top coat now). Remember the S gel is not to go on the natural nail...always used over top.

Hope this helps.

Sharon

S gel can be used as a final layer which is better when cured for 4 mins as it makes it harder and more shinier but its main use is to build with which would only need to cure for 2 mins - dont know why this should cause pitting - but you may have slightly different gel in Canada because we dont have Royal Gel in the Bio range here in thie uk.

Handup - Please tell us more about the royal gel - am intrigued as to what this is :)

Thanks

S gel can be used as a final layer which is better when cured for 4 mins as it makes it harder and more shinier but its main use is to build with which would only need to cure for 2 mins - dont know why this should cause pitting - but you may have slightly different gel in Canada because we dont have Royal Gel in the Bio range here in thie uk.

Handup - Please tell us more about the royal gel - am intrigued as to what this is :)

Thanks

Zingara was helping me with a gel query and mentioned the 'sealer gel' which I had never heard of. On our Canadian website there is nothing by that name. We figured the Royal is the equivalent to your sealer as they both have a blue tinge. I was sold the Royal in place of the clear. My trainer said they're basically the same but the Royal (sealer) is better for not yellowing.

I too have had problems with the S Gel pitting. I was warned about this in training and told it's too thin when it pits. If you hold it up to the light, with the nail parallel to the table before curing, you can see the spots where it will pit. A little extra gel in those areas will fix it.

Zingara was helping me with a gel query and mentioned the 'sealer gel' which I had never heard of. On our Canadian website there is nothing by that name. We figured the Royal is the equivalent to your sealer as they both have a blue tinge. I was sold the Royal in place of the clear. My trainer said they're basically the same but the Royal (sealer) is better for not yellowing.

I too have had problems with the S Gel pitting. I was warned about this in training and told it's too thin when it pits. If you hold it up to the light, with the nail parallel to the table before curing, you can see the spots where it will pit. A little extra gel in those areas will fix it.

Right - i know what you mean by pitting now - i know when I have applied it too thin because of this. Plus when I am getting towards the bottom of the jar it doesnt seem to smooth out as well too.

Yes - I use sealer gel as a base coat as well as a final layer too.

Latest posts

Back