Bio Sculpture reactions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*posh nails*

Reaction score
Hi,I am trying to get a bit of info from fellow bio nail techs,i have been working with bio sculpture for 4 years now and i love it but since june this year i have developed really bad dermatitas (numbness,burn like marks,itching and swelling)It seems to me that this has started to happen since i have beem using the pots that can be used for the led light so i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.Also on watchdog this week there was a chemical called MI that has shown up in all sorts of products so im wondering if this chemical has been used in the new bio pots.
Anyone else been having simular issues please share,Thankyou :o

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi :)

The more you are exposed to a product the higher the chance of having a reaction. Especially uncured gel.

There was a thread a while ago telling us all how to care for our hands as these problems can occur.

Il have a search for it now xx

I used it for the first time the other day, only once to put over my nails, my finger and thumb felt swollen, plus the finger pads feels weird on them two? I was freaked out never had this happen, i wasn't exposed to it over a long period only 40mins to do my nails?

Thankyou for that,I have to wear cotton gloves and two pairs of nitrile gloves and i also apply barrier cream.
This is a picture of them at there worst

Attachments

• 1379707006461.jpg
    1379707006461.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 1379707084898.jpg
    1379707084898.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 202
Thankyou for that,I have to wear cotton gloves and two pairs of nitrile gloves and i also apply barrier cream.

Omg that looks terrible! I use calgel I used to have bio done on my nails before I trained with calgel and when ever I had the bios soaked off the skin would peel off on my fingers in layers! I've never had it happen with calgel though x x x

Omg that looks terrible! I use calgel I used to have bio done on my nails before I trained with calgel and when ever I had the bios soaked off the skin would peel off on my fingers in layers! I've never had it happen with calgel though x x x

And my toes too x

Yes its so painfull!!! I can manage it as long as i wear all my stuff but it means i cant wear any gel nails gutted :(

Christ thats bad, poor you. :hug:
This is why im getting worried at the mo cos I'm getting the beginings of a reaction so im trying to rule stuff out.

Ooo that looks sore, is it the dual cleanse? Gel remover? Or is it from opening the pots? Or a combination of all three?

I thankfully so far have no problems with Bio although i have seen hairdressers with similar :(

Xx

This seems to be happening more and more to bio techs, I don't think they cover enough (or anything at all!) about it on their courses for those new to the industry. Mine were the same as yours for a long time you have my sympathy it's incredibly painful

My advice to you is to get some Dermovate cream AND ointment from your GP you might need to insist on it. Use the ointment at night with cotton gloves and the cream in the morning until it clears. These are strong steroids so don't overuse and obviously take drs advice. A decent antihistamine will help too. They will be more prone to drying in cold weather so you need an intensive moisturiser or emollient from the dr no perfumes at all and if you get some matador nitrile non powdered gloves (one pair per service don't reuse) you'll avoid further flare ups.

I hope that's helpful for you, it's taken me a year of learning the hard way! X

Ooh (sorry I know I'm going on a bit here) also get some plastic backed hands down wipes and make sure you are not touching any soaked cotton pads during removal - that'll hurt like hell! X

I had to stop using there Sanitise as it gave me watery blisters.

I use the NSI Nail Pure Plus now & always wear gloves &.....touch wood, it's ok but it is horrible to have the worry hanging over you that you may have to give up, so don't delay, wear gloves & clean the outside of your pots regularly with Cleanse.

Thanks for your input girls and to belle vie i do all the things you have mentioned in your reply i wear cotton gloves and nitrile gloves and i have antihistimimes that the doctor has prescribed and also fucibet cream from the doc and i also wear the cotton gloves to bed with the cream and emoliant on them and i did a test patch on the back of my wrist with the clear gel and it has reacted and i did the same with gel remover and duel cleanser and that was fine,
Im really gutted i always have nails on and the thought of not havimg nice nails anymore is really upsetting.
Is there another product i could buy for me so i can do my own nails i cant even imagine not doing bio at all as i have a good client base,thankyou :confused:

Thanks for your input girls and to belle vie i do all the things you have mentioned in your reply i wear cotton gloves and nitrile gloves and i have antihistimimes that the doctor has prescribed and also fucibet cream from the doc and i also wear the cotton gloves to bed with the cream and emoliant on them and i did a test patch on the back of my wrist with the clear gel and it has reacted and i did the same with gel remover and duel cleanser and that was fine,
Im really gutted i always have nails on and the thought of not havimg nice nails anymore is really upsetting.
Is there another product i could buy for me so i can do my own nails i cant even imagine not doing bio at all as i have a good client base,thankyou :confused:

what about shellac and brisa lite, Bo suggested this to me. Whilst they are hypoallergenic, there is no guarantee that you wont get a reaction but the risk is very very small i believe x

Has anyone changed to shellac because you can no longer work with what you have been working with because of overexposure if so how have you got on, thanks

Latest posts

Back