Bio Sculpture Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Morning geeks I am looking for a wee bit of help:hug:

A girl called me yesterday who at the moment has Bio Sculpture on her natural nails she has asked me to remove it and apply Shellac which is fine but I have no idea what to use to remove the Bio?
I had a look on the website and see you use Bio Remover is this the same as Acetone?
Also how long will I need to soak them for?

Acetone will remove it but depends what gel was used to finish you may have to slightly buff to break the gel seal then soak off. To cover yourself it will be best to advise her to go get it removed where she had it put on if you dont do bio.

Acetone will remove it but depends what gel was used to finish you may have to slightly buff to break the gel seal then soak off. To cover yourself it will be best to advise her to go get it removed where she had it put on if you dont do bio.

Thanks for that sadly she cant go back to the salon she had it applied as it has closed down and know one in my area do Bio.
I will buff them first just to be on the safe side :)

You can lightly buff the surface and soak off with acetone, the biosculpture soak off is a mixture of acetone and skin softeners.

I usually find it needs to be wrapped in acetone for 20 mins. Make sure to file down to the colour as if uv topcoat was used it can be harder to soak off unless you really break the seal, top, edges and free edge.

If your client has had a Bio infill, the soak off process will take a little longer. You can speed it up though by using heated mitts, a wheat bag or warm towel. 15 minutes for overlays and 30 minutes with infills is usually a good estimate.

You will find the gel goes softens and goes a rubbery texture, and usually lifts off in one piece. If not, just gently tease it off with the help of a pusher.

You simply need to break the seal, and wrap each nail using the nail pad and foil method for the quickest method of Bio removal.

HTHS Karen :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back