Bio Sculpture & sunbeds - Is there a known problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROOPS100

Reaction score
I have a lady who likes to use sunbeds regularly. It could be her own at home (which Im sure it is) or at a salon I didnt re-check but whenever she has used the sunbed it is discolouring her nails & making them all Yellowy..

Is this usual?

Does this signify that if this sunbed is emitting VERY high UV rays & therefore particulary risky for her or is yellowing of the Bio's gel consistant with general Sunbed use overall ?.

What have you ladies found ?

I rang Bio in the week & they said they arent aware of any problems, & that to possibly prevent this I could/should be using UV Top Coat Gel - so Im hoping you guys can throw some advice my way - Does UV Top Coat Gel knowingly prevent yellowing ? ... I always use sculpting gel as my base layer for this client so as to give her extra strength with her tips (shes a personal trainer & regularly into boxing so needs something more than sealer gel as a base coat gel.... )

(Just to emphasise the nails are ok in colour immediately prior to being under the sunbed & when the client gets out they are quite yellowy to say the least !!! ) :0

Just a thought - is she using a sun bed cream ? some of these actually contain dha -which will result in yellowing of the nails.

Because bio is a uv based product - and sunbed uv - this is not happening when your doing them - just when she is on sunbed - so my guess is its a cream.

Latest posts

Back