BIO SCULPTURE TIPS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Hiya, seeking advice from the Bio Sculpture technicians again please :) When doing Bio Sculpture with tips do you use fibreglass/silk to strengthen the stress line and do you use the sculpture gel or just the clear gel? I was taught to use a strip of fibreglass both ways to add strength and only use clear gel but the video doesn't mention using fibreglass or silk but does use the sculpture gel. I must admit though it seems to make the tip look quite bulky when I do use fibreglass - was told that each technician will find her best way to work but I was just wondering what you guys do - any advice greatly appreciated! :? :? :)

Hi

I think the tip about using a strip of silk to strengthen came after the video was produced, certainly in my case. It depends on the client, first time gel users I would definatly use a silk strip.

Just thought that I would mention, as the sculpting gel is three times stronger than clear I have one client who wears it as an overlay, makes the nail look abit opauque but wow is it strong.

Lynda

Thanks Lynda :) So do I take it you do use the sculpting gel first on tips also?

There's no doubt that using silk with the sculpting gel adds to the strength, but I find it such a faff (for want of a better word!) trying to lay it flat - particularly when a few strands from the silk end up stick out.

Are there any quick fixes to using the silk?

No I would not use the sculpt gel over tips just the clear.
The sculpting gel is great when you just want to add length to an odd nail.
It also looks great when a client want a full set of extentions that look very natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back