Bio-Sculpture Training Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debsi75

Reaction score
Has anyone done the Bio-Sculpture training course?

I am thinking of maybe doing this & wondered if anyone can recommend it? As I don't want to go to more expense as I recently did the Star Nails one & fancy learning about other products available.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

Hiya - I've done the Bio Sculpture gel course - think it was in April/May last year now :rolleyes: I originally did the total technician course with Star Nails and trained on their L & P and Gel systems - rubbish is all I can say and a total waste of money as I'm gonna start my training from scratch again :( - I've since had a go at the Creative L & P (managed to get a sample of it) - have yet to rebook my course with them (money commitments had me cancel my course a few months ago but have already paid deposit!) as the acrylic was much much better than Star Nails acrylic. I also converted to Bio Sculpture to use their gel as I had heard so many good things about it - turned out what I heard was right and I haven't looked back since - wouldn't mind if they had a small refresher course though of some sort a couple of months or so after the initial training day as I did feel I was calling them up quite a bit asking questions but the gel itself is great :D

I do find however that some clients just do not get on with the gel 100% - they may get a few breakages more than they should - I put this down to it being people who are much harder on their hands (it often seems to be clients with small children to look after and who do loads of housework and refuse to wear gloves! :( ). This is why I feel I want proper training on another system and I decided if I start from the beginners classes with Creative then I can make sure every part of my preparation and service is the best - don't really want any Star Nails training in my head anymore at all I'm afraid :(

Anyway, good luck if you do the Bio Sculpture course - it's well worth it.

Take care

Hi
I did the Bio Sculpture training with Ilona Woods in Colne, Lancashire in October 2002. Their course is very good but is a little bit product based, and you cannot buy the product until you have trained with them.
The Bio Sculpture gel is excellent but a little expensive, I use the NSI Balance gel for sculptures, tip and overlay and the Bio gel for natural nails.
Ladies who take care of their hands and want only that little extra strengh get on very well with it, but the fact that it soaks off of course gives it a rubber like consistency when cured and therefore it is easy to pick at.
As I'm sure you will have experienced many clients abuse their enhancements and therefore something stronger like rentention + or a harder gel is all that is suitable.
Good Luck
Lynda

My friend did the Bio Sculpture course and used me as her guinea pig. I would say for natural nail overlays you can't beat it, but I really didn't get on with it when used as an extension - especially not a sculptured extension, but then again I'm used to wearing acrylics all the time so it could have been me. I found it yellowed quite a bit also. My friend says had she known the price of the products before she paid for the course, she might have had second thoughts - from memory, you're looking at around £70 plus VAT for a small pot of gel, and she doesn't live in an area where she can charge the prices they recommend to recoup her outgoings. She also bought a lot of the coloured gels and has not had one person want them - I think she's more or less had to give them away free.

I would recommend you find out exactly what the products costs before you make the commitment, as it did come as a shock to my friend!

Jackie

www.LibertyNailDesign.com

I'd agree that Bio Sculpture gel is excellent for natural nail overlays
- I have them all the time! What I do find with most customers is that
after an initial couple of months at the most this is all they actually
need - they mostly never need tips or sculptures again (there is the
odd exception of a breakage here and there though) - because their own
nails have grown long enough not to need them - obviously this makes the
client a very happy one!

Admittedly though the gel is not cheap but you can buy it in smaller
pots of around £30 a time and I find that the £30 pot must do at least
(and this is a very rough estimate!) 15 natural nail overlays so if
worked out it isn't actually that expensive although it is one of the most
expensive gels on the market.

As someone else mentioned earlier I also find the coloured gels not
that popular as 99% of the time my clients just want the permanent french
look! I have about 4 colours in the smallest pots (have never ever
used the bright red which was provided with my original kit!) which I
have bought for use on my own nails - I find these ideal for me as it
stops the alternative of nail polish on my own nails being messed up when
doing clients' nails! A problem I have encountered with the coloured
gels is, if like me you don't insist on removing the overlay every time
and do a couple of infills in between removals the colour gel doesn't
match up to the existing overlay as it gets darker with each application.
I found this out the hard way when infilling a client's nails who is
very very fussy and wanted an absolutely perfect match - from this lesson
I have now decided that if somebody does want a colour gel then I will
tell them it must be removed at each treatment rather than being
infilled - this I am sure will make the coloured gels even less popular but
that's OK with me because it would cost a small fortune to stock up on
all the colours!

We have been using bioscupture for the last two years and it is a fab product however it does have its draw backs:

1) for strong tip and overlay you have to use silk/fibreglass
2) the colour gels only get popular when you have been at it quite a while although they are excellant on the toes people seem to love them for hols ect i would advise the very small pots only of colour.
3) sculpting i would have to say isnt very strong unless you do them very short however for biosculpture to recomend you, you have to learn it.

The Pros:
It is 80% of what we do and when you get your speed up doing natural overlays you can do them in 30-45 mins we charge extra for french + colour.
All our clients that start with it stay very loyal. Most start with acrylic tips and as their nails grow gradually swap to biosculpture.
It only need attention once a month and you can make quite a bit on retail.
We sell the clear coat and polish remover at 100% mark up.

I would recomend it but you will need another system to for tips or sculpture.
hope this helps
:cool: :cool: :cool:

debsi75 said:
Has anyone done the Bio-Sculpture training course?

I am thinking of maybe doing this & wondered if anyone can recommend it? As I don't want to go to more expense as I recently did the Star Nails one & fancy learning about other products available.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

Hiya debbie, I purchased the Bio sculpture starter kit from a show about two years ago. I got the kit there and then and had to wait a couple of weeks for the training which was free with the kit. i must say that I was really dissapointed with the training/trainer. At the show they said i could change a couple of the coloured gels that came with the kit (when i did my training) as they were not very nice colours, the day of the training i asked and they were really unhelpful, i got the feeling that all they wanted to do was flog us loads of products. This was the opinion of myself and a few other students. I found the product excellent as overlays but not strong enough as an extension. The products are pricey, I now use NSI light fantastic on my gel clients and have no probs at all, plus the training/trainers at nsi are excellent.
good luck with whatever u decide!
Amanda

Thanks to all of you for your info... There is so much to choose from!! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back