Bio Sculpture vs Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupoppy

Reaction score
Hello nail geeks just a post regarding bio sculpture compared to gelish.
A lot of salons near me advertise gelish overlays at £15 some even charging £10.. I find it so hard to compete as i charge £25 for a bio sculpture gel overlay which is the going rate for my area when i did the training an that was over 2 years ago and still kept it the same. Any one can go to sallys and buy gelish without training whereas bio sculpture is a strictly proffessional product. Im finding it hard to describe the difference between the two to my clients . I explain that it takes me longer it includes a full thorough manicure and its all round a more expensive product . I dont know how else to make clients understand the difference when places charge dramatically reduced price and advertise it saying 'its like bio sculpture'... Hope i can find others that can have some understanding at how frustrating it is.
Many thanks in advance
Louise

You do need training to offer Gelish. I have been on the course, like most products you will find everything on flea bay now.
With regards to Sally's, the one near me you have to take your certs in to prove you have passed said course. X

the difference is easy, bio is a soak off gel and gelish is a gel polish. bio will be alot stronger and will last alot longer, clients can pretty much do anything with bio on and it doesnt budge!!

it depends on clients nails and what they do for a living/hobby to what suits them on their nails and what kind of longevity they are going to get from aproduct.

maybe you should think about getting something like a gel polish in so that you can attract all clients.

I have alot who still have bio but alot that have converted to shellac and now im going to bring cnd brisa in so that clients that prefer to have tips will have that

What do you do with brisa ? Is it still a soak off .. I did have gelicure also but it just wasnt selling clients werent interested as they had always had bio sculpture they just see gels cheaper start askin questions and make me feel like im over priced when i know im not lol. Thanks for the replys x

I agree that it's very annoying that you can buy mini Gelish at Sally stores but its still a very good product and is still quite expensive. Bio is great, yes, but they're different.

So jus like Souz says, remind your clients that they're different as Gelish isn't meant for sculpting, etc.

Thank you for the replys, was just trying to find more info to describe the difference this has helped :)

I trained in bio before shellac and gelish came out. I gave up on bio but now I am going back to it. It's a lot stronger and last better. I will still keep shellac and opi gel color, but I have just invested in it again :)

brisa is a hard gel so buffs off and doesnt soak off. it can be used with tips, sculpted or as overlays. with additives you can mix any colour you wish and for those that like their french you would infill instead of soaking off every time.

Thanks for response not been on here for while to reply . With the brisa gel do you find it hard for removals ? Louisr

Latest posts

Back