Bio Sculpture vs other systems training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becks11

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wonder if you can help me please.
I am a sports therapist with beauty training as well and I am looking to add to the services that I offer. I have had an offer or part time work in a very good nail salon in my home town and they have said for me to go on the bio sculpture training as with the system I can do enhancements, gel polish, silk repairs etc. I think working alongside experienced techs is a good idea whilst I first start to gain experience and knowledge from before going mobile which is my end goal. I have contacted bio sculpture and got all of the necessary info and am pretty much ready to sign up for my course. However the only thing holding me back is the fact that I, my mother and others I have read on here, facebook etc are saying that they are having a lot of problems with lifting and I sadly have had mine lift recently. The salon that I go to and will be working at apply 2 layers of colour and tbh it looks like another is needed as very thin and patchy, again something that seems to be a trend that I am reading. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a starter kit and training to end up having to train in another system as it is resulting in me losing clients and not cost effective. Is bio still the best system to train in or am I better looking in to another?
Thanks you :):confused:

Have you thought about Calgel? 😄

I've used bio sculpture for many years,
There has been some changes to their products recently, they've switched from uv cure to a LED cure. So have changed the product slightly, some of the colours seem thiner. Some you have to add an extra coat, but not all.
None of my clients have had problems with lifting though. But I prefer using a uv lamp so maybe that's why.
I love the variety of colours they offer, it was a while ago but the training was great :)

I have looked at calgel but I do not know as much about it as a product. Can you offer enhancements with it? I will look at it now. Thank you :)

I do really like biosculpt as a product and I have seen that if you carry out their training the likes of CND and some others will in fact accept the training to enable you to buy their products although if I were to offer other products I would feel better also doing one of their courses maybe even just their 'refresher' types. I just don't want to spend the money on a system on a product that looks from the outside to be encountering more issues than they used to resulting in losing new clients. thank you very much for your replies. They are very much appreciated. :)

Yes u can do tips and sculpts, I love it.. The same as bio, it's top quality.. I've tried a few brands but come back to Calgel every time, training is fab to..

That is great thank you. Will contact them for more info on training dates/locations etc and weigh the two up. Do you have any insight in to the costs of bio v calgel? Not expecting you to post prices but just if one has more or less profit in. Not all about the money but all helps to make the decisions. thank you :)

Latest posts

Back