Bio Sculpture vs The Gel Bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace Lines

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am planning on training in gel extensions. I have been looking at bio sculpture training and gel bottle. Any recommendations as to which is best to go for ? Thanks

Out of the two, Bio Sculpture.
It has decades of research, testing, support and community behind them.
Whilst I don't use the system myself, it is highly recommended by nail technicians who have shown their nails stand the test of time and more importantly, their clients rarely develop an allergy.
If you find you are unhappy with the brand later on, there is nothing stopping you from converting to something new, or using both something else alongside Bio sculpture.
Good Luck in your studies!

If you search "The Gel Bottle" in here, or join the Nail Tech Awareness group on Facebook you will see why most of us in this group will never touch that brand. I've heard very good things about bio sculpt, but haven't used it myself x

Bio sculpture is a lovely system, I’m not trained in it myself but when my business was open it was highly requested and I considered the training.

I knew someone who had trained in it she always had good things to say about it and the product range was always kept up to date, varied, professional, and beautiful.

Wouldn’t touch the gel bottle waste of time and money, also your credentials as a pro run salon or technician.

I was once recommended a well known hair brand salon by a client when I moved to a new area. Assured it was fabulous, I thought I’d probably go there and try, until one day on a walk with a friend I spotted the salon, with a nail tech in the window.. on a closer look cheap (not to mention filthy) led nail lamp and various the gel bottle colours mixed with gelish bottles and something unmarked. I then avoided that hair salon like the plague.

If they can cut corners on a gel service then this “high end” salon brand potentially cutting corners with my hair colour was not a risk I was willing to take 🤣. I’d be telling my client base the same x

Last edited:
I am just in the same situation as yourself, I looked at both companies. I heard a few things about TGB so joined the Facebook page mentioned above and I was shocked with what I saw. I have decided to train with bio sculpture as their reviews on training, products and customer service seems to be very good. Take a look at the Facebook group, its worth having a look to make your own mind up regarding TGB.

Been working with TGB for over 3 years, whats so terrible and scary about that company?

Been working with TGB for over 3 years, whats so terrible and scary about that company?

I had heard that there were alot of issues with the brand but couldn't find much out about these issues, it was mentioned on here to join a private Facebook page which I did and there were many posts and photos of the issues, some of the photos were pretty nasty.
I was really interested in using TGB and wanted to find out more regarding what I'd heard, its a little confusing how so many people have had issues but then alot have used it for years with none. I can't knock the brand as I've never used them I just wanted to see both sides and find out more info about what I had read

You should join the Nail Tech Awareness group on Facebook, there's lots of info about TGB and Premier Gel and the risks you put yourself and your clients at when using their products. Most people will say "Well, I've never had a problem", but once the problem happens to you, it's irreversible. The pretty colours are just not worth the risk in my eyes x

Premier Gel is totally different breed to TGB. Check their MSDS sheets.
TGB - Help Centre - THEGELBOTTLE INC - gel nail polish
Premier Gel - Product Safety (MSDS)

The only issues i have heard about any gel polish brand is allergic reaction, which can happen to any brand. I have roughly 100 regular customers + people who get their nails done once in a blue moon. I have had only 1 case of person having a reaction to the product.
And people sometimes don't realise that anyone can become allergic to anything as a result of a buildup of a sensitivity to the substance or be allergic straight away.

I have used Bio Sculpture myself, before they came out with Evo range, it was a good brand, but a bit too expensive and storage of colours was a bit of a nightmare for me, but I took the plunge to use TGB because of the fact of (in my opinion) good quality, accessible and good customer service and the fact it is made in UK.

:)

Last edited:
Premier Gel is totally different breed to TGB. Check their MSDS sheets.
TGB - Help Centre - THEGELBOTTLE INC - gel nail polish
Premier Gel - Product Safety (MSDS)

The only issues i have heard about any gel polish brand is allergic reaction, which can happen to any brand. I have roughly 100 regular customers + people who get their nails done once in a blue moon. I have had only 1 case of person having a reaction to the product.
And people sometimes don't realise that anyone can become allergic to anything as a result of a buildup of a sensitivity to the substance or be allergic straight away.

I have used Bio Sculpture myself, before they came out with Evo range, it was a good brand, but a bit too expensive and storage of colours was a bit of a nightmare for me, but I took the plunge to use TGB because of the fact of (in my opinion) good quality, accessible and good customer service and the fact it is made in UK.

:)
TGB made in China as states on bottles, just supplier is based in UK. I have used with no issues, well said above allergic reaction can happen anytime, building up sensitivity, and might caused by ingredient(s)within products, which can be used by any brand...

TGB made in China as states on bottles, just supplier is based in UK. I have used with no issues, well said above allergic reaction can happen anytime, building up sensitivity, and might caused by ingredient(s)within products, which can be used by any brand...
I love the gel bottle. But have 5 clients that were having biab that have had the allergy. [ new clients to me ] It maybe the hema, as they cannot wear evo contains hema Watch bio sculpture gripping layer tutorials ! Alway cure a thinner layer first so u don't risk having uncured gel left on the nail plate I use the bio sculpture [pots] once they have taken their nails off to heal they have great results with bio sculpture does not contain hema Saying that. It’s difficult to know what is the ingredients are or thick application that cause these problems. I also have used bio for about 20 years. Only had problems with bio sculpture cleansers {now i wear gloves} but i find that my sensitive clients can only tolerate alcohol or acetone on their fingers as a cleanser

I use bio sculpture. I didn’t get on with the little pots as nails aren’t my thing but I do paint beautifully with Evo. It is expensive but it is so good. I have Cuccio as well and I’m gradually moving over to Evo as I run out of Cuccio because frankly I think I’m worth it!

I haven’t tried TGB and I expect it depends what sort of business you have. I have over 140 colours and lots never get used. I only need a modest selection of colours. I also need great wear on weak nails as my clients come to me because they haven’t got on with other products/salons. I wish they wouldn’t tbh - I’m happy not to do nails but I can’t get rid of the manicure clients I have. They love bio sculpture.

My nails aren’t that strong and Evo is fantastic for me personally. I can file my nails short repeatedly (I mostly do massage) without any chipping and my gel manicures last weeks even though I do gel removal on other clients In contrast when I’ve been to nail techs using other products my nails end up trashed, weak, flaking and breaking until the nail plate has grown out.

Latest posts

Back