Bio Scupture Gel - Clients nails gone black!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie's Nails

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? Has anyone using Bio Sculpture gel had any experience of their clients' nails going black? I have a Client who had french on her finger nails ring me from her holiday abroad this week to say her nails have gone black around the edges. This has happened to her before when she has gone away. She is very dissappointed with me. I have not come across this before. I spoke to Bio Sculpture and they say it must be something she is doing. But I dont feel this is a good enough excuse to give her. And I don't want to lose her as a client.
Her daughter had her nails done at the same time and hers are fine. Can anyone help please?

Angie xxx

Have used it before on my nails. It grabbed the pigment of my hair color after I went to the hairdresser. I think it is a very porous gel. Have never had that problem with a acrylic based gel. Good luck!

Can't imagine what it could be but I guess that it is probably something which the client is doing, afterall her daughters nails are ok.

Keep us posted.

Bio is a soak off gel so purous....when i used this gel i often found them to discolour and look dingy.

You say she has been on holiday...wasnt there something on here once about sun creams causing a problem.

Hi - gotta agree with bio Im afraid - something she is touching/wearing etc is rubbing off onto her nails. For instance I have a particular pair of black trousers and for some reason this pair of trousers and this particular pair only (if I catch them with gel on nails) will kind of dye the gel. Think newsprint, sunscreen, some product, something that the gel is coming into contact with is transferring onto it.

She could try removing her top-coat - it could be that the stain will only be on the superficial layer, quick removal of topcoat and fresh re-application and can be good as new.

I honestly dont think you should blame yourself here, did you give her aftercare advice ? Something she is doing Id almost bet on it ! Chin up.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? Has anyone using Bio Sculpture gel had any experience of their clients' nails going black? I have a Client who had french on her finger nails ring me from her holiday abroad this week to say her nails have gone black around the edges. This has happened to her before when she has gone away. She is very dissappointed with me. I have not come across this before. I spoke to Bio Sculpture and they say it must be something she is doing. But I dont feel this is a good enough excuse to give her. And I don't want to lose her as a client.
Her daughter had her nails done at the same time and hers are fine. Can anyone help please?

Angie xxx

Have you changed the bulbs in your lamp lately? It sounds like another possible explanantion is the gel is slightly undercured and round the edges is picking up dirt, fluff etc? I've only ever had Bio discolour if not cured or sealed properly or yes, abused badly by a client.

Hi

holidays eh?? well i would ask which sun cream eg childrens high factors dont agree with bio gell at all! Also news paper reading?? Hair colour recently??

Did you try removing the top coat and giving a white block over? if they return to normal its most prob one of the above.

If the daughters are ok then mommie must be doing/using something different.

does she do her after care??

Thanks for all your support. I hadn't thought about the bulbs although I only changed them within the last year and I only do nails on a part time basis so wouldn't have thought it was that. Worth a try though! Funny how all my other client are ok. Must be something she is using. I use the clear Gel as the last layer rather than Sealer os S Gel. Would this make a difference?

sometimes if you havent removed the inhibition layer THROUGHLY and with a fresh pad ever 2/3 fingers the product can GRAB hold of anything it comes into contact with.

I'll try and find you a previous link

Holidays would be a nightmare too, chlorine in the pool, uv rays from the sun, mosqutio repelant, sun creams, after sun etc

amb x

Must be something she is using. I use the clear Gel as the last layer rather than Sealer os S Gel. Would this make a difference?

s gel would be a much better alternative !

I use the clear Gel as the last layer rather than Sealer os S Gel. Would this make a difference?

Clear gel is by far the most porous of the Bio gels and not really suitable as a sealer layer. Using a top coat improves it slightly but in all honesty I'm not surprised they've gone 'off'!

In fact I dont use clear gel at all now as I find it discolours too easily anyway. I use sealer and S-gel all the time....much brighter, tougher finish. Sealer gel is fine on the natural nail, then S-gel or colour to build and finish with a layer of sealer.

I rearely use clear gel either.

Infact, when my current pot is finished I dont think that I would order another tub as I think that the sealer gel works fine as a first layer as well as on top. But when I know a client is going on holiday I always finish with S Gel and cure it for 4 minutes.

Hi My client has been in to see me now after her holiday and I must say her nails are realy bad. It looks as though she has dipped her nails in a pot of black as just on the tips of all her fingernails there is a black tip. This happened after about 7 days into her holiday. She also has had problems with her toe nails. These had pink gel on them which faded to beige after 3 days!! Her daughters nails which were done on the same day are fine. My client said she cried when it happened and it ruined her holiday. She went in the pool once, and used Nivea sun creams. I feel realy bad and baffled. Bio Sculpture werent at all helpfull when I rang.

I would love to get to the bottom of this. xx

Hi My client has been in to see me now after her holiday and I must say her nails are realy bad. It looks as though she has dipped her nails in a pot of black as just on the tips of all her fingernails there is a black tip. This happened after about 7 days into her holiday. She also has had problems with her toe nails. These had pink gel on them which faded to beige after 3 days!! Her daughters nails which were done on the same day are fine. My client said she cried when it happened and it ruined her holiday. She went in the pool once, and used Nivea sun creams. I feel realy bad and baffled. Bio Sculpture werent at all helpfull when I rang.

I would love to get to the bottom of this. xx

Sweetie, why are you being so quick to blame yourself? she has already said that she has had this happen before when on holiday, you have already said that her daughter's nails, which you also did are fine. The fact that her toes faded as well to me points to a product used in her bath or shower, A couple of simple truths for you:lol: clients seldom admit that they did anything wrong:rolleyes: and clients are often economical with the truth:lol: especially when they are trying to convince you that they didn't do anything wrong:rolleyes:

Sweetie, why are you being so quick to blame yourself? she has already said that she has had this happen before when on holiday, you have already said that her daughter's nails, which you also did are fine. The fact that her toes faded as well to me points to a product used in her bath or shower, A couple of simple truths for you:lol: clients seldom admit that they did anything wrong:rolleyes: and clients are often economical with the truth:lol: especially when they are trying to convince you that they didn't do anything wrong:rolleyes:

yep, pretty tragic that a nail colour could ruin her holiday, why on earth didnt she buy a bottle of polish and just go over them :rolleyes:

yep, pretty tragic that a nail colour could ruin her holiday, why on earth didnt she buy a bottle of polish and just go over them :rolleyes:

pmsl Don't you just love these type of clients.:lol:

Angie xxx

Yes I think Ive had this before. It was simply newspaper print, it had gone under the top coat. Just remove top coat and buff lightly and reapply top coat. It worked for me.

I had this happen to a client. It turned out that it was newspaper print.

Happened to mine after a night out - all I could think was the fag ash on the bars - but now that is a thing of the past.

pmsl Don't you just love these type of clients.:lol:

I actually DO love these types of clients.....as they are so concerned about their nails that it makes me alot of money!!! :green:

By saying that she cried and it 'ruined' her holiday is a bit extreme in my opinion....

You really can back yourself up here, simply by asking her to inspect her daughters nails! There is clearly nothing wrong with you or what you are doing hun!

Do Bio do a top coat that you retail like Calgel's Calcrystal?? If so, tell her she should purchase one and replace the top coat every 3 - 4 days. Even Every day, then you can almost guarantee that if it IS something she is touching then the small amount of staining that is on there will be off.

What is the client trying to get at here anyway? Is she going to continue coming to you and give the nails a chance out of sunlight etc etc? Or is she trying to wangle a refund??

I would pursuade her (or do your best to anyway) to give the nails a try back over here in normal daily life, retail a topcoat if there is one to retail, and make sure she comes in regularly to keep them looking tip top! If she doesnt want to do this, then you may just have to say goodbye! Some clients like this are more trouble than they are worth, especially when she trys putting you on a guilt trip for ruining her holiday!!

Good luck hun, blimey, I think this is my longest post ever!! Keep us updated! x

Latest posts

Back