Bio Scupture - Problems STILL!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodacious

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I hope you can help. Yet again I have had a client in who's entire set of Bio sculpture nails have come off. My girls have been concentrating really hard on thier nail prep and taking their time doing the sulptures so why are they still lifting and coming off within 24/48 hours!

Out of interest this particular client was noted as having very sweaty palms???

However this is not he case with the others, and of course these are the ones we know about, what is worrying me are the ones who arnt coming back and telling us.

I have noticed that clients who have very sweaty palms do have certain problems with lifting and I was told that they would have an increased moisture on their natural nail. I use bio sculpture for natural nail overlays and have not experienced lifting off of the product on these clients but when using the sculpting gel, I find it to be so flexible that you need to keep the enhancement shorter than say acrylic and non soak off gels and that can alsobe th ones placing silk across the stress area. The only way I've got them to remain on is shortening the enhancement length, I feel the sculpting bio sculpt is even more flexible than some clients own nails are but my cliemts have been fine with the slightly shorter length. That's the only reason I can think of although it shouldn't all peel off in one go!

Jenny

Hi

I use biosculpture, peeling off in one go?? hmm sounds like some oil on the nail plate to me are you using too much steriliser? i found in the beginning when we first started with it that we used far to much. List your work method for me and i may be able to help. Been using it for about 2 years. Help if i can.

sanitse the hands, then i do the cuitcle work first with nail conditioner and then the cuitcle remover, push back the cuitcles and cut off any flakey bits, wipe away any excess oil. I then take off the shine with the buff block and put a small amount of excutive base in the middle of the nail plate and cure for 1 mintue, buff off the shine, apply forms to 2 nails apply one layer of clear gel over the entire nail them put sculpting gel to the end of the free end and put to make it longer, cure for 2 minutes, then i apply another layer of clear gel cure, then buff down till its smooth and fil, then either apply the french gel or a colour, with the french i apply the white colour to the end of the nail and put clear gel put to the white smil line. buff a little and then apply a layer of clear cure then wipe away the stickiness and put on the top coat.

Bodacious said:
sanitse the hands, then i do the cuitcle work first with nail conditioner and then the cuitcle remover, push back the cuitcles and cut off any flakey bits, wipe away any excess oil. I then take off the shine with the buff block and put a small amount of excutive base in the middle of the nail plate and cure for 1 mintue, buff off the shine, apply forms to 2 nails apply one layer of clear gel over the entire nail them put sculpting gel to the end of the free end and put to make it longer, cure for 2 minutes, then i apply another layer of clear gel cure, then buff down till its smooth and fil, then either apply the french gel or a colour, with the french i apply the white colour to the end of the nail and put clear gel put to the white smil line. buff a little and then apply a layer of clear cure then wipe away the stickiness and put on the top coat.

HI

This is the way i do it.
sanitize both client and my hands
Neaten free edge
push back cuticles
apply cuticle remover
(i only use nail conditioner after a soak off)
throughly remove cuticle remover and use sterilizer
take shine of natural nail
apply very thin layer of ex base and cure
remove shine
apply form
cut strip of silk to size
apply thin layer of clear gel and cure
Apply sculpting gel to free edge and onto nail lay silk over and work in
cure
remove form and cut to size (at this stage its far to weak to file cutting into shape is a lot easier)
apply white now if required
Apply clear gel over builing a c-curve and cure
Another thin layer of gel and cure
sterilizer
lightly buff into shape if required to finish i use a layer of sealer gel
sterilizer and top coat cure
solar oil

When using bio as an overlay with tips i always use silk/fibreglass to give it strength.

See other techs have told us not to use the ex base????

Bodacious said:
See other techs have told us not to use the ex base????

Hi

I dont always use it only if i feel its necessary are you using silk/fibreglass?? its really not strong enough without it. Most of our work with biosculpture is natural overlays french and colours. i do find that if you overdo it with the sterilizer that it leaves a kind of layer on the nail so make sure that they arnt using too much of it and that its not running into the side walls as it could cause lifting.

Bodacious said:
sanitse the hands, then i do the cuitcle work first with nail conditioner and then the cuitcle remover, push back the cuitcles and cut off any flakey bits, wipe away any excess oil. I then take off the shine with the buff block
Hi,
Hope you dont mind me butting in here but, shouldnt the shine be taken off the nail prior to the wiping away of excess oil?

Little Angel said:
HI

This is the way i do it.
sanitize both client and my hands
Neaten free edge
push back cuticles
apply cuticle remover
(i only use nail conditioner after a soak off)
throughly remove cuticle remover and use sterilizer
take shine of natural nail

Hi gors dont mind at all. I do remove shine before and they advise to dust off and then sterilize again (when i say sterilize it is the name of their product)

Little Angel said:
Hi gors dont mind at all. I do remove shine before and they advise to dust off and then sterilize again (when i say sterilize it is the name of their product)

It is misleading on the part of the company to call a solution that at best only sanitizes the nail plate a sterilizer. We all konw that you cannot sterilize a nail plate!

Don't use too much sanitizer or if you do, make sure it is bone dry before applying the enhancement. Moisture (even if it is a saitizer) will cause the product to lift.

Aparanlty one of the techs has a friend who knows the customer and she had two tips come off and then pulled the rest off!!! gggrrrr (they told her this last night)

What do you say to a person when you suspect then that they have in fact picked the nails off and then come in and complain that they fell offf????

Thank you little angel I will suggest a layer of silk over the sculpture to see how that works.

HI

I love bio sculpture products, and rarely have any trouble with them, but recently I had a couple of clients who were friends, both got their nails done at the same time and both said all her nails came off within 5 days.
I was so stressed out thinking about what i could have possibly done wrong, i called bio sculpture for advice but after discussing the clients nails they couldnt understand why this had occurred either. I replaced both sets of nails free of charge and I have just put it down to the fact that some clients cannot help picking at their nails, if one comes off they tend to pick at and fiddle with the rest. if anyone has a better reason for why this has happened, i would love to hear from them. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back