Biography for website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
could I please have some opinions on a Bio section for website, here is what I have written so far.

Hello,
Thank-you for taking the time to view my website.
I have been apart of this amazing industry for 5 years and I have qualified in all 3 levels of Hairdressing.
After 5 years in the industry and 4 years salon experience I have gained both basic and advanced skills.
Since leaving the salon I have spread my wings and I am now offering a luxury salon experience from the comfort of your own home.

My services range from Cut & Blowdrys to Pre-bonded hair extensions,.
I have trained with L'Oreal Professional in their professional colours and styling products, Also qualified with Balmain Hair for Pre-bonded hair extensions.

Hairdressing for me is not just a job, it is my life, it is my passion.
I commit myself 100% to my Clients and making their hair feel and look fabulous, because when our hair is Fabulous, we feel Fabulous.
If one person can gain confidence and happiness from a beautiful hair cut that I have created, then I am fulfilling my dreams.

I pride myself on all the positive feedback I have received over the years, you can see this feedback for yourself on my Testimonials page.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have, all calls/texts, emails and face book messages will be replied to as quickly as possible.

Thank-you for your time,
Justine xxx

I think that sounds really good !
Short and to the point easy to read.
Good luck with your business x

Sorry the only thing I am unsure of is the xxx at the end !
Maybe just me but I think it makes it less professional, be keen to see what others think ! :hug:

To make it a bit more professional I would just make some small changes to the grammar below. I dont like the part about basic skills, it could probably sound a bit better? But its a nice blurb about you.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to view my website.
I have been a part of this amazing industry for 5 years and I am qualified to NVQ level 3 in hairdressing.
After 5 years in the industry - including 4 years salon experience- I have gained both basic and advanced skills.
Since leaving the salon I have spread my wings and I am now offering a luxury salon experience from the comfort of your own home.

My services range from cut & blowdrys to pre-bonded hair extensions.
I have trained with L'Oreal Professional in their professional colours and styling products, and I also qualified with Balmain Hair for pre-bonded hair extensions.

Hairdressing for me is not just a job; it is my life, it is my passion.
I commit myself 100% to my clients and to making their hair feel and look fabulous...because when our hair is fabulous, we feel fabulous.
If one person can gain confidence and happiness from a beautiful hair cut that I have created, then I am fulfilling my dreams.

I pride myself on all the positive feedback I have received over the years and you can see this feedback for yourself on my testimonials page.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. All calls, texts, emails and facebook messages will be replied to as quickly as possible.

Thank-you for your time,
Justine xxx

You might also consider adding in some things about your personal life so that can get to know 'you' a bit more. Maybe just things like your interests and hobbies, pets etc. Just adds a bit more of a human element outside of business.

Hi Juzz,

I think it's ok and on the right track but I'd try and make yourself stand out from the crowd a bit more by stressing the advanced training and latest techniques angle myself.

For example:

I have been working in this industry for 5 years (4 years in a high end salon) and I'm qualified to an advanced level. I keep up to date with all the latest trends and techniques so my services are always in demand...

Agree with hair cutz, sounds much better x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thank-you for the replies!

I really appreciate the comment about making it abit more personal however I am very wary about what is done over the internet, and would not want someone to book for the 'wrong reasons' :/

heres the edit
now what do you think?

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to view my website.

I have been apart of this amazing industry for 5 years and qualified up to NVQ level 3 in advanced hairdressing.
After 5 years in the hair industry - including 4 years experience in a high end salon - I have gained a lot of skills and keep up to date with all of the latest trends and techniques so that my services always meet the latest demand.
From catwalks to blasts from the past, I am confident and creative. I can take a style and make it unique to suit your personality and style.

After 5 years, I feel I am still learning, every day there is a new trend or a new popular colour and every clients hair is different from the next. Since leaving the salon I have spread my wings and I am now offering a luxury salon experience from the comfort of your own home. There is not any need to brave that cold weather or have your new style messed up by the wind, you just have to sit back and relax.

My services range from cuts & blow-dry’s to pre-bonded hair extensions.
I have trained closely with L'Oreal Professional in their professional colours and styling products, and I also qualified with Balmain Hair for pre-bonded hair extensions.

Hairdressing for me is not just a job; it is my life, it is my passion.
I commit myself 100% to my clients and to making their hair feel and look fabulous...because when our hair is fabulous, we feel fabulous.

I pride myself on all the positive feedback I have received over the years and you can see this feedback for yourself on my testimonials page.

As a hairdresser I feel that not only are my skills important but also my advice and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. All calls, texts, emails and face book messages will be replied to as quickly as possible.

Thank-you for your time,
Justine

Lovely!!

Really like what you've added about going out in the cold etc.

Two small things...

It should say "a part" not "apart"- it changes the meaning!

And you don't need an apostrophe in blow drys x

Lovely!!

Really like what you've added about going out in the cold etc.

Two small things...

It should say "a part" not "apart"- it changes the meaning!

And you don't need an apostrophe in blow drys x

Thankyou x

The one thing that I instantly picked up on is you saying you have been in the industry for 5 years. For every year that passes, you will have to be sure to update it.....I would probably put something like "I joined the industry in 2008"
I also agree about the kisses at the end - a little too over farmiliar for a website IMO, ok for your FB page but I'm not sure it sits well on a professional website.

Rest is acers though :)
xxx :biggrin:

The one thing that I instantly picked up on is you saying you have been in the industry for 5 years. For every year that passes, you will have to be sure to update it.....I would probably put something like "I joined the industry in 2008"
I also agree about the kisses at the end - a little too over farmiliar for a website IMO, ok for your FB page but I'm not sure it sits well on a professional website.

Rest is acers though :)
xxx :biggrin:

Ah, didnt think about that, although I will make a point of updating my page with the latest offers I probably will forget to update that section, Thank you xx

Hi one last point

If I were a prospective client, it puts me off the "after 5 years I feel like I'm still learning". I know exactly what you're trying to say but it just doesn't fill me with confidence in your skills/confidence. You could say something like "even after 5 years, everyday I do something new and exciting, an aspect I love in my career..." or something along those lines

X

Hi one last point

If I were a prospective client, it puts me off the "after 5 years I feel like I'm still learning". I know exactly what you're trying to say but it just doesn't fill me with confidence in your skills/confidence. You could say something like "even after 5 years, everyday I do something new and exciting, an aspect I love in my career..." or something along those lines

X

Ahh thank you x

Latest posts

Back