Biosculpture Gel Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Morris

Reaction score
Hiya

I was at the NEC on monday and very nearly purchased the Biosculpture kit and training!!
I did stop myself before overloading my credit card and have decided to wait till Olympia. But one thing I am confused about is the lamp size.. I already have a 9watt NSI gel lamp, so was hoping to purchase the kit without the lamp which is £100 cheaper.. But they are telling me that the lamp would not be powerful enough because the bulbs don't go round the sides enough to cure the entire nail. Does anyone know if this would be a problem or are they just trying to promote theres to get a better sale???

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanx
Steph

Hiya Stephanie,
Although i cant comment on this brand. I can say that some brands seem to set much better under a higher watt lamp. I have a 36w lamp for doing gels and its fantastic, I use to use a 9w but was never very happy with the time it took to set the nails.

A lamp with only 9 watts is not very powerful infact it is the sort of lamp used with 'over the ounter' gels rather than professional gels.

The most important thing with gels is that they get a complete cure!

If not, then you can have real problems including possibly a severe allergic reaction on your client.

A lamp with 9watts is just fine for curing gels, the Rio lamp you are speaking about is 11watts.

Karen

Hi,
I purchased the Bio Sculpture kit 18 months ago and did their training.
The lamp contains two 9 watt bulbs but has no timer, in my humble opinion you can source a much better quality for around £100. I believe the crowd in crewe, (can't remember name) do one for £75 + vat. It is a 4 lamp with timer that gives off 36 watt.
Its a bit laughable that you have to use an egg timer with the small lamp, not very professional, having said that it's makes a perfect stand by should your main lamps conk.

Lynda

nailtech said:
A lamp with 9watts is just fine for curing gels, the Rio lamp you are speaking about is 11watts.

Karen

Beg to differ, but a 9watt lamp is only good for curing some gels and is no good at all for many of the more cutting edge complex professional gels.

geeg said:
Beg to differ, but a 9watt lamp is only good for curing some gels and is no good at all for many of the more cutting edge complex professional gels.

Totally have to agree with Geeg on this one...why because she is right.
When i had a 9watt lamp it wouldnt cure some makes of gel.
You can buy a 36watt lamp from Salon Beauty Supplies of Crewe for £75
on 01270 522555/588835, thats with a timer and automatic turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back