Biosculpture or Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Struggling newbie

Reaction score
Hi ladies

This may be a very amateur question....be that as it may....as I am an amateur still, why is it that many salons use Gelish as well as Biosculpture? If each brand provides a good gel polish, hard gel for overlays and sculpting, why not stick to one brand with matching lamp? Apologies in advance if this seems a silly question

Hi ladies

This may be a very amateur question....be that as it may....as I am an amateur still, why is it that many salons use Gelish as well as Biosculpture? If each brand provides a good gel polish, hard gel for overlays and sculpting, why not stick to one brand with matching lamp? Apologies in advance if this seems a silly question

These systems are very different.

Gelish is available in either a gel polish or hard gel system, whilst Bio Sculpture offers soft (soak off) gel or gel polish (Evo).

Gelish hard gel is most likely stronger for sculpting, and Bio’s soft gel is better suited to overlays.

Both systems have their own compatible lamps, and interchanging them may result in incorrect curing.

Thanks for the info. Would it be advisable then to stock both brands or is it ok do you think to work with one brand. I like biosculpture because of its natural ingredients and pro nail health. I've seen on their website they talk about a soft, medium as well as a hard/sculpting gel. I haven't worked or trained on the product yet, but don't really want to invest in two courses(Gelish as well as Biosculpture) and two lamps. What would you suggest is better?

I offer Bio Sculpture gels because they are a bit like a kind of spa product with all the treatments that you can select to put under the gel. They have base, soft, medium and hard gel options which you apply before the colour coats. Ok for overlays and shorter extensions. Like you say, 5 free, not tested on animals, good for natural nail health...

However, I also offer Ikon.iQ Nails gel products. The reasons being that I can then offer a basic gel polish without the faff and I can also make more serious extensions with it. Plus it's 7 free and fully hypoallergenic which is brilliant, it's also very kind to natural nails and a touch harder wearing than Bio.

I recently did a cost analysis for my product range and Bio Sculpture was by far the most expensive per service. Plus the training cost a few hundred.

Ikon.iQ Nails products costed out well, especially as I only need one colour coat instead of two to get full coverage. They offer free training at the moment too.

Unfortunately I am based in South Africa. I have tried to buy in Ikon, but understandably they refuse to supply to me as they haven't yet set up a training academy and distributor here in South Africa. Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long for that to happen, as there would be a great market for it here. However, Biosculpture is supplied here and as it is manufactured here, it is far cheaper than many other brands which have been brought in from other counties such as Gelish. I was hoping that I could offer Biosculpture only, as I can then invest in their own lamp, Evo gel polish and use their other gels for sculpting and tip overlays. Is that a no go do you think? Should I consider offering other gel options as well?

Ah, under the circumstances then, Bio Sculpture and Evo pretty much have you covered. If I remember correctly Bio’s hard gel is a buff off rather than soak off so it should be fairly decent. I have it and have never needed to use it as most folks here go for acrylics for big extensions. That was another reason I wanted an additional brand. It seemed insane to apply Bio Sculpture gel to acrylics!

Ok. I hear what you are saying. Thanks for the feedback. I finally understand. Biosculpture it is for now!! Appreciate your advice....It's tough trying to figure all this out on your own

Latest posts

Back