Biosculpture Vs Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have been reading all the threads I can find on these systems but wanted your advice. When I worked in Nails Inc. I Trained to use Biosculpture as natural nail overlays. I am going totally mobile in a few weeks and I really want to add Gel to my Services. I am trained in Gel I just chose not to do them in the salon and now i'm regretting it. Anyway my problem is I want to offer Gel Extensions and Gel Overlays. I understand that for extensions Brisa is "better" and for french and colour overlay Biosculpture is the way to go. My question is obvioulsy money is an issue - Isn't it always and I dont particuarly want to shell out for 2 new gel lamps and starter kits. So I was wondering would it be better for me to do the training with Brisa and then conversion with bio or vise versa. I hope i'm making some sort of sense. Its late - Thats my excuse!!!
I do realise that Brisa do a forever french which appears to be the same thing as Bio. Does is Soak off quickly? Does it last well?

Look forward to yours comments

Jody xx

Brisa is a buff off gel and cannot be soaked off. Bio soaks off quite quickly. I use both and love them for different reasons. I like the way Brisa french stays white, where Bio discolours a bit after a few weeks. It's also very strong. I have a client who cannot keep Bio on but Brisa works well. I love Bio for it's very natural look, fab range of colours and many clients ask for it by name. I must say I find Bio sculpts very strong and flexible - have no problem with them lasting.

Just one thought - you can use a Brisa lamp to cure Bio but not vice versa. If you only want to buy one lamp, I'd go with the Brisa so you can use it for both gel services.
hths

Fantastic!!! I didnt know that :)!! I think you've just solved my problem with the lamp. Just the Gel decision to go. Have you ever used Bio on top of tips? Do you find these equally strong?

Fantastic!!! I didnt know that :)!! I think you've just solved my problem with the lamp. Just the Gel decision to go. Have you ever used Bio on top of tips? Do you find these equally strong?

I prefer to sculpt with Bio rather than use tips. And like I said I find their sculpt very strong, not to mention they are nice and thin and flexible - they just look so natural.

IMO Brisa would be more suitable for tips, althought tips can be done with Bio too.

I started out with Bio and still do really love it. I chose Brisa (actually I couldn't get training and mostly use Akzentz another buff off that I LOVE) to get a colour stable french, and to have an option for clients that had problems with Bio (just one).

Now.... just to throw in another option, you could go with Akzentz and you can use it with the Bio lamp. It is very similar to Brisa. At first I found having to buff the gel off intimidating. I liked the security of being able to do a quick soak off. But now I am getting the hang of it and I really love it.

Latest posts

Back