Biro on white bed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Treatment from hell yesterday, client came in for me to practise manual tanning on and brought her screaming 10 month old into the treatment room! He was crawling around and screaming himself purple, whilst I was doing a merry jig trying to get the tan on without flattening her son in the process. Just as I think it's over, I come in this morning to find blue biro ALL OVER MY NICE SHINY NEW WHITE BED!!!!!:Scared::eek:

Any geeky advice on how to remove this? Tried surgical spirit, nail varnish remover, Carex hand wash (lol) and I'm out of ideas.

Try hair spray,spray it at close range for a couple of mins and then lightly rub with a coarse backed sponge hth's

This may not help but it's worth a try!! If I have any type of stain or muck in the house that a normal cleaner wont budge, I try baby wipes!! They seem to work on alot of stuff!!!

vasaline....thats was advised to me when we got ink on our leather settee...it works when used straight away...and fades it when it's been some time....but you keep doing it and after a while it does remove it. x

As a decorator, I have these fantastic wipes that I use to remove alsorts of things. If you contact me with your addy I could pop a few in a plastic bag so they remain moist and post them to you. Or you might have it sorted already..................let me know

Try hair spray,spray it at close range for a couple of mins and then lightly rub with a coarse backed sponge hth's

works a treat, just blast and it dissolves fast.

This may not help but it's worth a try!! If I have any type of stain or muck in the house that a normal cleaner wont budge, I try baby wipes!! They seem to work on alot of stuff!!!

Ditto that:green:

Flash or any other kitchen bleach, however it won't remove it 100% and you may be able to see a line :cry:

yeah i have found this too...worrying really when you think about it...they are supposed to be so gentle for baby's skin...:eek:

yeah i have found this too...worrying really when you think about it...they are supposed to be so gentle for baby's skin...:eek:

Yeah it worries me too especially when we got burgled and CSI did the aluminium dusting everywhere and he said nothing would shift but neat washing liquid which i had just run out if (have a dishasher!) so i tried baby wipes and it all came off very easy!!
It also gets out boot polish out of carpets!!!!!

Has anythin worked yet chick???

hey try wax equipment cleaner which is quite oily it def will fade it if not remove it or there is a genious product from morrisons called diss - olve -it its only £2 and the only thing i have found it doesnt remove it tint from clothes so you could try that too?!

hi

I use the majic sponge youve seen it advertised on TV you buy it in woolworths or B&Q or other places not supermarkets and you cut off what you need and wet it and rub it on it removes most things.

for example I have a white carpet in my living room I know I must have been mad but it dose look nice and we had visitors whoes child wanted coke yes you guessed spilled over my carpet :cry: I leapt into action cut a piece of majic sponge took an emplty bowl and started to work on the stain which by know was every where as the little darling had walked through it:irked:
and after rubbing and rinsing the coke hey ho it was removed leaving no stain.

I have since used this on everything from shinning my tapee to removing stuborn markes to furniture. give it a go I found it to be great :) it dosent matter the colour either it seems to work on most things have even used it on the garden furniture and its wood

good luch Catherine

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll let you know how this goes when I get back to work on Friday!

Nic x

methylated spirits remove biro ink.
use it carefully , test it doesnt affect the couch in a hidden place.
wipe off the ink and immediately rinse with a clean wet cloth to remove any trace of meths afterwards.

it worked on my leather sofa, no probs.

Latest posts

Back