Bitten nails “fallen off”

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kcbeauty92

Reaction score
So last night I done a young girls nails who bit her nails and the day after two nails “fell off” so she ripped them all off!!!

I done gel nail extensions... which I have done on other clients before.

Now asking for a refund. Have others had this before on nail bitters? I’m now wary of doing them again

May I add that I finished then at 815pm and had a message at lunchtime the next day!

You can suggest for her to come in for you to redo the two that fell off. If she ripped the rest off after just a day, then that'd her perogative. Either way you don't just refund something without first attempting to rectify it, meaning she has to come back ASAP so you can fix her two nails (the other 8 aren't your problem). She sounds like a right numpty.

I’m away for the weekend so I can’t do them again! Her mum said she is going to go else where this weekend. I would have fixed the two that were broke but didn’t even give me a chance to fix them!

Do you have problems with nail bitters extensions not staying on. As in future I think I’m going to do more of an in-depth conversation before. I’ve just started out so I suppose I’m learning where to improve

If the girl is going elsewhere to get them done before you even have the chance to see them, then absolutely do not offer a refund. They should stay on for longer than a day even if she's a biter, but if she ripped the rest off then they're going to be even more damaged than before. And she needs her mum to speak for her? Either way, no refund. You could fix it on Monday?

Sometimes it's unbelievable how stupid some clients are and like your client my nightmare sister is still biting her nails at 58 years of age! I think she is just so used to picking, biting, pecking and putting them in her mouth they stood no chance and neither did your set of nails on your nightmare client.
Keeping them very short as I have done gave my sister 10 days before "shock Horror" she ripped them all off again!!!
They took an hour and a half to apply using forms and there is nothing more annoying than when they have been forced off after all your good work!
I would have repaired the 2 nails of course as 7th Heaven has suggested, but she has not given you the opportunity to right them.
Nail biters have the most horrific amount of cuticle anchored down like super glue to the nail bed so prep, prep and then again to fully remove all the extra tissue off the nail plate. Also there is very little natural nal on which the extension can be anchored onto so I would Keep the extension very short for the first time.
Hopefully the second time you do them there will be far more natural nail to attach the extension on to. Then they can be a bit longer.
Ask her to please give you the opportunity to do them for her again as it it your wish to resolve the issue at no cost to her obviously.
A bit of grovelling sometimes helps, but that's up to you.
Good luck or good riddance to her!

It is possible they fell off if she’s a biter. There are no guarantees they will last long as the nail plate is short, possibly thin and weak and she will be used to biting.
I sculpt on biters and advice at the consultation there is no guarantee how long they will last.
Keep them short until the nail plate gets a bit of growth.
Regarding the refund, I’d always say no but if you were unavailable and didn’t advise her that they may not last then perhaps a gift voucher?

Latest posts

Back