Bitten nails quick question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Morning,

A Client rang me up last night and wants me to put her a full set of tips on in 3 weeks time (for holiday).

Not a problem, but she has severlybitten nails and the likelyhood of her keeping them on for more than a few days is v.slim.

I know the best way to deal with this is to cut a bit out of the side of the nail tip, so that it fits over the 'fleshy skin' at the end of the finger (sorry for the basic terms - think i left my brain in bed!!)

The only problem with this is that i've never done this before and wouldn't exactly feel confident in doing so at the moment.

So to the point, my question is this;

Would it be of any help to her if i gave her a natural nail overlay (in either gel or fibreglass) and help her natural nail grow a bit and then in 3 weeks see how much it has grown and possibly apply tips then??

Em.xx

Hi Em,
yes you would be ok to overlay the natural nail to give them a chance to grow a little. Before you do though, make sure you prep the nails really well, I normally give them a mini manicure first.
Have a look at my before and afters
Good Luck

Vanessa
http://www.vanessas-nails.co.uk

You could overlay natural nails, But i would be inclinced to give a full manicure first and get the cuticles looking really good.

Thanksyou two, i'll give her a ring and let her know her options.

I think probably the best route to take would be a manicure - i'll put it to her and see what she says.

Thanks again

Em.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back