bitten nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdnails

Reaction score
Hi-ya every1 :)

Found this site a few weeks ago & learnt so much from it :)
This is my 1st thread hope some1 can help me.
Ive bin reading the nails encyclo & it says on severly bitten nails 2 cut saddles out da sides of da tip, to stop tip from being pushed upwards over skin :confused:
Can some1 explain dis better :)

Hi jd

i think it is refering to pre-tailoring your tips sam has a tutorial on this i think!

jdnails said:
Hi-ya every1 :)

Found this site a few weeks ago & learnt so much from it :)
This is my 1st thread hope some1 can help me.
Ive bin reading the nails encyclo & it says on severly bitten nails 2 cut saddles out da sides of da tip, to stop tip from being pushed upwards over skin :confused:
Can some1 explain dis better :)

Hiya
Here is a pic of Sams which shows how to pre tailer a tip for bitten nails.
Also will help to reduce the length of the contact area so no more than half the length of the nail bed is covered by the tip.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• bitten nail.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 175
Dawnie said:
Hiya
Here is a pic of Sams which shows how to pre tailer a tip for bitten nails.
Also will help to reduce the length of the contact area so no more than half the length of the nail bed is covered by the tip.
Hope this helps.

Sorry pic not uploading maybe Sam can put one on here for you later

Take care Dawnie

Saddling the tip is when you take part of the 'tip side wall' away (depending on which side the bulbous sidewall of the fingernail is) :rolleyes: ; it basically stops the tip digging into the skin at the side wall so that it is more comforatble for the cannibal. This hopefully stops them trying to pick at it in the long run!! HTH's!!

BIG thanks every1, :)

Did get the pics from sam :cool:
great help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back