bl**dy biz link (rant warning)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
has anyone had any dealings with biz link?

I had funding to do a course a few years ago and I remember thinking to myself then, never again!

Well the never again has happened again.

I applied for funding to do a course in the summer for october. Filled in all forms, kept on getting lost in the post.

Now it comes to claiming the money back!!! Its a N I G H T M A R E!!!

Everything I send in, either gets lost in the post, or doesn't fit their criteria.
I sent in a receipt sent to me by course provider.
It got sent back because it had a different address on it.
got that sorted out, re-sent it.
got sent back as it didn't have a date on it.
sorted that out.
got sent back, although it had my name on it, it didn't have my company name on it.
sorted that out.
got it sent back, although it had my name and my biz name on it, it didn't have my postal address.

Now waiting for the next thing, as it had to be completed by 21st which is today, and they draw a line through the whole thing if its not all completed by end of the month.

ahhhhhhhhh:irked::irked::irked:

hallebleedinulliah!

result!!!!

I rang today and left a message to let me know if the new improved receipt was acceptable.

Got a call 10 mins later to say that yes it was, my claim had been processed and I will receive a letter of confirmation in the next few days.

considering this has been going on since the summer, I'm just relieved that the end is in sight.

hallebleedinulliah!

result!!!!

I rang today and left a message to let me know if the new improved receipt was acceptable.

Got a call 10 mins later to say that yes it was, my claim had been processed and I will receive a letter of confirmation in the next few days.

considering this has been going on since the summer, I'm just relieved that the end is in sight.

hooray,:green: what a load of hassle though:irked:

business link are useless,
you are very lucky to get any funding from them,
i was with them when i first got my salon, this enabled me to test trade and still get my benefits for 6 month as long as i didn't take a wage (fat chance), at the end of the 6 month they dropped me like a brick and i never heard a word from them,
they were supposed to continue helping me with my business (don't know what help though as i have never had any from them)
and they were going to sort out my claim for working tax credits, they never did, my test trading ended 5th oct and i am still waiting for my working tax credit claim to get sorted out (so penny less for the last 7 wks and counting)
i have lost count how many times i have phoned them to be told i will get a phone call back but i am still waiting,
as for funding they promised me this over 7 month ago now and they still haven't found anything that i can apply for,
just another government scam where they waste tax payers money and time if you ask me
and if i expressed how i truly feel about them on here i would be banned for all eternity lol

The thing that makes me laugh :rolleyes:about all this, is that we are meant to be so precise and to the letter for everything and a better country for it!

The public sector imho are the worst, they make mistake after mistake and expect joe public to

A - put up with it
B - suffer the consequences
C - repay monies they have incorrectly paid - EVEN if it is only a few quid!
D - expect us to sort out THEIR mistakes
E - listen to the drivel on the phone - both music and the press 1 for ..... 2 for...... 3 for ....... Then you get someone (usually - I know that not everyone is the same) who says "it's not my job" arghhhhhhh

AND then when we do everything they want - we are still in the wrong - oops can see a full scale rant coming on - better exit stage left....................

:Look_left:Look_left:Look_left:Look_left

Glad that I'm not the only one.

I think the main problem is that you don't get seen to by the same person, so nobody knows whats going on, and you have to repeat yourself over and over again.

I've managed to do a lot of it by email so that takes the pressure off a bit.

anyway, I think the answer to biz link is to dig your heels in and keep at em

Latest posts

Back