Black box dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylieee

Reaction score
Hi so have this client . She has been box dying her hair for years . BLACK ! Of all colours. She has been trying to grow it out but has now decided she would like to go lighter. Like a lived in colour . She hasn't asked to go blonde thank goodness but does want to go lighter. She isnt in for a couple of weeks what would u suggest I do in terms of where to start. My problem is the ends are so dark. The first half of her hair will take well due to being her natural and not well on the ends. I was thinking about doing a cpr treatment. Im hoping that remove some colour. Anyone for advice will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-20200806-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200806-WA0005.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-20200806-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200806-WA0003.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 19
You could use a colour reducer but you’d probably need 3 sessions to make any inroads if it’s very saturated. To spend time removing the colour and re-colouring plus matching up the virgin hair will take time and money so I have another idea.

What about suggesting a trim to remove a couple of inches of black then an ombré with a gradual light to dark fade, starting with a 7 at the roots? Then you could leave the black as it is.

Latest posts

Back