Black dots after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnneSchreurs

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Every time I get something waxed, black dots appear everywhere. They’re not there directly after the wax, they appear around the same time my hairs start to grow back. It is not strawberry skin, they’re not snapped hairs or ingrowns. I don’t know what they are, I can’t find anything on the internet about what they are, nor does my waxer know.

I have never gotten them from shaving, only waxing. They drive me crazy. I always push them out, like extracting a blackhead (they’re not blackheads). They look a bit like small sesame seeds, but black.

Also, exfoliating doesn’t seem to help. I use a chemical exfoliant based of glycolic acid and salicylic acid and I used to use a scrub, but these both don’t seem to make a difference.

Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

Attachments

• 5CE0E359-58E1-47EE-98D4-FBBFF46DE23A.jpeg
    5CE0E359-58E1-47EE-98D4-FBBFF46DE23A.jpeg
    878.9 KB · Views: 49
I am pretty sure that what you have are long plugs of sebum. Oxidised throughout most of the length which make them dark or black. The end of some are light in colour or almost translucent and this will be the end of the plug furthest away from the skins' surface. You did say that you can squeeze them out like blackheads already.

I have had only one client with this phenomenon under her arms. There is nothing wrong with her at all and she has no problems caused by it.

I don't think you could prevent it from being something that is unique to yourself, so don't worry. keep as clean as you do , but maybe don't strip your skin with all sorts of chemicals so that your sebaceous glands are having to constantly work overtime in re addressing the sebum imbalance.
My thoughts entirely - not a skin expert , just thinking logically.

Best of luck.

Would you please post a photo of them before you have removed them? It would really help us *get to the root* of the issue

Latest posts

Back