Black hair dye washing out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
I dyed my hair black (permanent) a 2/3 weeks ago and its washing out!

You can see lots of hints of brown and im scared if i dye it again its all going to snap off! Is there something I can buy from super drug to keep the colour on? Does it matter I used superdrug own brand bye?

If you hair is lacking protein/moisture the colour will come out as it wont have anything to grab onto.
Also if your using a shampoo with metallic salts and glycerin etc in it then it will also strip the colour out.
Do you have a hairdresser friend who could do a wet stretch test and treatments for you at all?
Any type of colour will not last the duration if the hair condition isnt as it could be.

Is there anything I can buy on the high street that will lock in the colour? Its my birthday next weekend and I want to have nice hair lol

Is there anything I can buy on the high street that will lock in the colour? Its my birthday next weekend and I want to have nice hair lol

if it's your birthday, treat yourself and go to a salon ;)...we can't recommend on highstreet products on any kind as it would be going against our professionalism and the products we use and believe in :) x

if it's your birthday, treat yourself and go to a salon ;)...we can't recommend on highstreet products on any kind as it would be going against our professionalism and the products we use and believe in :) x

I agree with Perry.

However, please remember that as we don't use high street products normally, we really can't recommend them as we honestly don't know how they will perform. You only get to know a product well when you use it a lot and on different clients.

It's a bit like asking a Nail pro who uses say, OPI, what is the equivalent Rimmel nail varnish and will it be as good as the OPI product?

Thanks guys! I booked a appoinment for friday! Never spent so much money on my hair! AND thats with a 50% off colour! :Scared:

Thanks guys! I booked a appoinment for friday! Never spent so much money on my hair! AND thats with a 50% off colour! :Scared:

good to hear!

just something you might like to bear in mind, but try and find a salon that needs models for their apprentices, you will still get an equally professional colour, as they are supervised by a stylist if they havent quite got the confidence and if they have then there wouldnt be anything to worry about, and the best bit is its a lot cheaper :)

Latest posts

Back