Black hair with purple streaks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
My Friend has heavily tinted hair, which is black all over. The ends have a lot of colour build up. She wants me to give her some purple streaks to go through, i have some purple crazy colour, but what do you all suggest?

My Friend has heavily tinted hair, which is black all over. The ends have a lot of colour build up. She wants me to give her some purple streaks to go through, i have some purple crazy colour, but what do you all suggest?

I'd suggest it's a bad idea...

For purple, you need a light clean base. Black build up to light base isn't going to happen in one day so neither will the purple.

Do a strand test and see how it goes but unless you're very lucky, you'll lift to a coppery base 6

My sister is black, and wanted blue streaks!!
It took some lifting, came out patchy!! Some areas went pale green when lifting presumed cause she had blue black on previous!!

The pale green didn't bother me though has I already said that I would probably not be able to achieve it this time, I used /28 in wella as this was a green/blue.
I know next time I would get blue, cause I've done it before, I just use directions colour pots!

You could lift to a orange apply red, and a week later if still red apply blue and it should come out purple as red and blue is purple. Then all future colours can be purple. Ive done this on sister and it worked for me!!

Some purple is ok as long as its RED based, however most crazy colour purples are on the blue side, so try directions plum, dark tulip etc as these come up vibrant even over hair thats only bleached up to red/orange stafe.

Thanks, I thought it would, I manadged to get it to an orange and the purple is very dark anyway :) x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back