Black heads on mature skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tantease

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am a Beauty therapist & I know I should know more about getting rid of blackheads on Mature skin, I am afraid I am not uptodate on what are the best Machine treatments or best skin products, bearing in mind the lady has very good skin for someone that is in her mid fifties with hardly any wrinkles, hardly ever suffered with spots apart from the odd one that comes up, but no matter how I try & get the spot out there does not seem to be anything but watery substance? But she does have a lot of deep blackheads when you look right into the skin & she has asked me about what to do. If it needs Dermabrasion, what would be the best machine as I would consider getting one. If its not Dermabrasion what should I do? :confused:

Might seem like a silly question but....Have u tried steaming her face first, before trying to remove them?

Also glycolic/acid peels are very good for deep blocked pores, it would be more affordable than buying into a microdermabrasion machine and training :)
I used to use skinbase when I worked in a salon. Clients loved it. I can't help with others as I've only used them for microdermabrasion's :)

Might seem like a silly question but....Have u tried steaming her face first, before trying to remove them?

Also glycolic/acid peels are very good for deep blocked pores, it would be more affordable than buying into a microdermabrasion machine and training :)
I used to use skinbase when I worked in a salon. Clients loved it. I can't help with others as I've only used them for microdermabrasion's :)

Thanks Charlene for replying & the advice I will look more into the glycolic/acid peels & The skinless machine possibly because that was the one I was thinking about, its just a worry to start paying rent for a machine when I am just in a small town. But I will defo use your advice. :) xx

Which area are the blackheads in ?

I would also recommend steaming as mentioned above then extraction.

Is your client using suitable homecare ?

I wouldn't invest in a machine for one client but if you think it could increase your business and appeal to existing clients then I think microdermabrasion is very popular at the moment or if you want a less expensive machine then galvanic would be a good choice (presuming your level 3 trained)

Mature skin can be very fragile and extractions can easily mark.
I find galvanic and peels are effective meaning little pressure is needed

I use a lactic acid peel, also steam to help soften the skin, although not together. I get a woman in her 70s who has really huge deep-seated blackheads. With some people, as they get older and their skin loses elasticity, the pores stretch and appear bigger. I find they can be more prone to open pores and blackheads which they may not have had before. But it's not much fun extracting these as you have to be extra careful to not bruise.

Latest posts

Back