black heroes in the hall of fame - a must see

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chantell simone

Reaction score
today i took my 6 year old daughter to see the famous BLACK HEROES IN THE HALL OF FAME which has been running for 20 years

it is one of the best stage productions i have ever seen :)

over 2 hours of songs, speeches and tributes to over 5000 years of black history

my daughter loved it and was very excited at the mary seacole tribute (a caribbean nurse who helped injured soldiers in the crimean war)

it made me so proud my culture and my heritage

i would recommend that everyone sees it, it is just breathtaking

I must admit, I can't say that I have heard of it, but it sounds really interesting. On one of the cable channels recently, there has been a string of programs about black people and culture through history. Some of it I found very difficult to watch because of the various injustices, but one program was about Roots, the TV program. After watching it, I rummaged through my loft to find the book by Alex Haley, that I last read 22 years ago. I think, that now I am older, I understood a lot more about the book and it affected me more deeply than it did at the time.

The heretaige you have, is one of so much spirit, pride and inspiration, and I will look into whether the show will be coming to this end of the country (I doubt it to be honest) as I would be really interested to see it!

Sounds great and nice that your children can learn so much from this kind of thing. I will be looking out for it :hug:

Latest posts

Back