Black Market hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about mobiles ? I'm wondering if the July dates apply? I've literally just had someone at my door asking when I'm going to be working !!

Last edited:
What about mobiles ? I'm wondering if the July dates apply? I've literally just had someone at my door asking when I'm going to be working !!
I'm mobile and we still can't work without social distancing, I guess, so the same applies to us

Social distancing is still in place.
The hair and beauty industry cannot do this without breaking guidelines.
I can't fathom how people do not understand this, why risk yourself & others!
I too have took a massive hit financially & i am also due in 6weeks.

I too have took a massive hit financially & i am also due in 6weeks.

I remember that Swine Flu was around when I had my little boy and that was stressful enough trying to decide whether to have the new vaccine and whether to travel to visit relatives. Look after yourself and I hope the next 6 weeks aren’t too uncomfortable for you.

I am not good with this.

Look at it as a domino effect. Next week there could be an ambulance at the same neighbours house,who is infected,who has carried it on?
We are all in this together,no funds coming in but food to be found and this will take longer the more people flout the rules.
The rules are there for a reason,why am I sitting here typing when I could be out there making some money?
Why are we applauding on a Thursday evening?
I am doing so because the number of people suffering from this hideous virus in the hospitals needs to reduce and I am very grateful to the NHS staff for going front line and caring for the sick in devastating circumstances.
It isn't only the old that are dying,did the NHS staff that have died,died in vain?
It might only be a small number of barbers/beauticians/haidressers doing this but what if we all did?
Who says it ok for some to do it and not for others?
I'm scared about the future and the bills piling up and they are going to be much higher by the time I return to work.
I have also thought about media hype and conspiracies but I just want to get to a place where I have a plan to work without putting ANYONE at risk. I am not poking,I follow rules because I care for my family's safety and the safety of others.

It’s this kind of disregard that will ultimately bring us back to square one then we will all be in the same boat with another 3 months in lockdown. I do wish people would look at the bigger picture and do a bit of forward thinking. As for needing to feed the kids etc I totally sympathise but there are numerous groups and food banks out there who are helping those most in need

I too am mobile and can’t quite believe how many phone calls I have received asking if I’m working & offering to pay me double!! Flabbergasting when we’re in a lockdown situation & I’m no way going to jeopardise mine & my family’s safety for a few quid more, but I’m in no doubt that some freelancers will work.

I posted earlier about clients asking for secret appointments, each time I obviously said no.... Today I tested positive for covid..... Now how would all those people be feeling if I'd agreed to their absurd requests ? This is how easy it is to spread it around

@lilly Sorry to hear this. Hope you only get a mild version of the virus and that you make a speedy recovery. <hugs> x

I just had to pop this in, as I couldn’t quite believe it!
I’ve been advertising for a hairdresser to help cope with the extra work load when we are finally allowed to reopen
I had arranged a ‘socially distanced’ informal interview for tomorrow.
Today I was asked if I it was ok for them to come a little later as they had a client booked at that time for a colour & cut!!!

you wouldn't think anybody would advertise that to a future employer would you? Did you let them down gently?

Today I was asked if I it was ok for them to come a little later as they had a client booked at that time for a colour & cut!!!

Wow, unbelievable! :mad:

you wouldn't think anybody would advertise that to a future employer would you? Did you let them down gently?
I replied by saying that as this industry was in lockdown, and we were unable to attend clients for health & safety reasons until at least July - I had decided to postpone doing any interviews, as it would not be possible for the applicant to carry out a trade test for me.
I still cannot believe the ‘front’ of this person - I’m actually offended by the blatant disregard and disrespect ‍♀️

Latest posts

Back