Black nail polish recommendations please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for your views on tried and tested black nail polish brands.

Have had a lot of folk ask for this lately and my creative "voodoo" is almost done so wondered whether on not to go for creative again or try another?

Cheers!

I would try the new Creative Blackjack - very dense great coverage black!

Hi

I have one from Misa, not sure of the name but it has great coverage and is quite inexpensive.

Carole

CND Blackjack ... Fab black and canbe changed to gren purple etc using the new CND Effects .. very versitile.

Thanks ladies.

I did pick a china glaze one up from Sally's yesterday bit it is almost like water and needs 3 coats for coverage. Not sure if this is the same for all "new" black polishes?

I have only ever bought one china glaze polish, the main reason being that the coverage isn't very good.
I have Inkwell from CND's new range and as Geeg suggested, I use the effects over it too and it's fab!!

Hth, Lou xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks ladies.

I did pick a china glaze one up from Sally's yesterday bit it is almost like water and needs 3 coats for coverage. Not sure if this is the same for all "new" black polishes?

The Blackjack covers virtually with one coat.

What is the difference between "inkwell" and blackjack" ?

the maybeline black is really good and one coat covers it all

the maybeline black is really good and one coat covers it all

Maybelline????? Use a polish your clients can buy in the high street?? I don't think so. I would NEVER use a consumer product in a professional salon. Let's go buy Rimmel or Cover girl in the super market and apply it to our clients!! :rolleyes: I cannot get my head around so called professionals using non professional products JMHO.

i use opi onyx black lovely colour

Maybelline????? Use a polish your clients can buy in the high street?? I don't think so. I would NEVER use a consumer product in a professional salon. Let's go buy Rimmel or Cover girl in the super market and apply it to our clients!! :rolleyes:

no this is my own stash i use for myself jeeeez she was just asking about a black polish get a grip

no this is my own stash i use for myself jeeeez she was just asking about a black polish get a grip

Yes love, she's a professional asking about a professional solution and a professional opinion .... I've got a good grip!! An excellent grip in fact. In case you hadn't noticed this is a sight for professionals who seek professional opinions and advice not asking what you have sitting on your dressing table.

Licorice by Essie is lovely also.

Last year I went on an insane search for 'the' perfect black.
I tried every brand.... creative, essie, orly, opi, etc....

And in the end, it was the easiest one I could get and the most budget friendly.

"black" by Nailiteinc.

One coat, THAT'S IT! It's not streaky. It's not bluish, it's not greyish, it's not brownish.
It is PATENT LEATHER BLACK.

There is a UK distributor for Nailite polish's.. I believe it's sensual world or some such?

Hth's

What is the difference between "inkwell" and blackjack" ?

I think inkwell is very very dark blue as in blue ink - but it does look black - or I may be confusing it with oil slick.

Blackjack is definitely black LOL.

*GASP* oh hunni :eek:, do you know who you're talking to?? Show some respect!

CND Blackjack...the best black I've ever used.
1 coat, no streaks and fantastic finish.
:hug:

*GASP* oh hunni :eek:, do you know who you're talking to?? Show some respect!

excuse me? is she god? no! stop kissing ass
no doubt she is a fantastic nail tech and is fantastic at what she does
but her comment was uncalled for

I think a little mutual respect is needed, after all we are all professionals on here and we all have valid points to make!

Latest posts

Back