Black nail under gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyjane

Reaction score
I did gel on my toes in june last year and finally decided to file them off and start again so they are nice and fresh. but when i filed the old ones off there was an area in my nail which was black or a dark blue, it wasnt bruised cos it didnt hurt at all, im just wondering what it was? its grown out now.

xx

Was the gel coloured and hence you did not notice this mark before you filed it off?

It is possible that this was a bacterial infection but without seeing it and how it progressed it is really difficult to be sure.

I have this problem too i thought it was bruises as i had my big toes quiet long during the summer,and some times when i wore closed in toes i thought the pressure on the toe nail may have causesd bruises,but they dont seem to be disappearing after 4 weeks,so id be interested to know too,i can only assume its a fungal infection.x

it wasnt there when i did my toe nails... after about 4 months it appeared i could see it slightly under my gel, i had french. and when i was filing the gel off i noticed it more and more and when all the gel was off it was really dark on my nail.

Could it be because i had them on for sooo long the air couldnt get to my nail bed??

xx

As Fiona has already said this could well have been a bacterial infection....it starts of yellow/green then if left long enough goes dark green almost black....have a read over this from the Articles section on the site and make up your own mind..http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html

it wasnt there when i did my toe nails... after about 4 months it appeared i could see it slightly under my gel, i had french. and when i was filing the gel off i noticed it more and more and when all the gel was off it was really dark on my nail.

Could it be because i had them on for sooo long the air couldnt get to my nail bed??

xx

I really hope you aren't inferring that the nails couldn't breath here???:rolleyes:

I had my French gel toes on this summer :lol: they got too long and then when I had to spend a day in slightly tight wellies (New Forest Show, typical English summer day), both big toenails broke across the middle horizontally, pressure I imagine, not too far down luckily so only sore for a few days rather than weeks, but anyway, I've a black mark on one of them since then. I guess it's a bruise. hth x

Latest posts

Back