Black skin gets deep tear in crease of intimate area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi I’m baffled. My client today had her 5th Brazilian with me with no previous problems, except to say she gets ingrown hairs. Black skin with very black curly pubic hair.

Today after removing the hot wax from the upper leg crease I was shocked to see free flowing bright red blood. The wax was not hot. It was at 57 and hadn’t felt too hot to the client or myself. I wasn’t aware of any hidden skin tags or wounds and she said like wise. I couldn’t help but think there must have been a scab there or something that’s come away with the wax but she hasn’t been aware of anything. It really was quite a tear, deep. The skin beneath was very pale and the blood took some time to stem.

She had just finished her period yesterday plus she’d done yoga that morning and had been rushing around as her child was very poorly at home too so my next thought was perhaps her skin was warm and clammy but she didn’t think it was and didn’t feel overly warm. Oil had been applied too so gripping the skin shouldn’t have happened. I got the bit of wax out the bin and the piece of skin was stuck to it all curled into a thin slither. She hasn’t started any medication.

I’m just bamboozled by it and wondered if any of you have had a deep tear caused by waxing? And are there any other reasons you can think for the skin lifting off like that? It was horrid.

Black skin is soft as butter. I'd say that it was probably extra fragile because of time of the month and the profuse bleeding was partly due to increased blood circulation post yoga. She may have had a bit of a skin plug issue going on, a build up of sebum around a few ingrowing hairs creating a small bump under the skin which might not have been noticeable. The skin might have been quite loose and just lifted and tore right off.

Next time wax in narrow strips. And possibly don't remove wax downwards into the couch in the leg crease area. You might want to work across the crease doing a bit at a time, rather than follow the crease. And have your client on her back with her leg at 4 O'clock

Make sure her hands are positioned to support the skin well and are not sweaty and sliding. She needs both hands quite close to where you are working so that between you you've got three points of contact supporting the skin. Get her to keep a towel handy so she can dry her hands and consider having a small bottle of talc handy so you can dry the skin she's supporting so she's got grip.

Black skin is soft as butter. I'd say that it was probably extra fragile because of time of the month and the profuse bleeding was partly due to increased blood circulation post yoga. She may have had a bit of a skin plug issue going on, a build up of sebum around a few ingrowing hairs creating a small bump under the skin which might not have been noticeable. The skin might have been quite loose and just lifted and tore right off.

Next time wax in narrow strips. And possibly don't remove wax downwards into the couch in the leg crease area. You might want to work across the crease doing a bit at a time, rather than follow the crease. And have your client on her back with her leg at 4 O'clock

Make sure her hands are positioned to support the skin well and are not sweaty and sliding. She needs both hands quite close to where you are working so that between you you've got three points of contact supporting the skin. Get her to keep a towel handy so she can dry her hands and consider having a small bottle of talc handy so you can dry the skin she's supporting so she's got grip.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. It was a narrow strip and I don’t pull down towards the couch as I pull against the hair growth so pull away from the couch. One things for sure, I’ll be ultra careful not to go over it in her next wax. She does pull the skin. I’ll have to assume it was time if the month combined with yoga and rushing around. Thanks for your comment regarding the plug around an ingrown hair. That is a possibility too. I felt terrible.

Latest posts

Back