Black to blonde in 4 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerryanneG44

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm only level 2 trained but I'm doing level 3 in September but I did this on my friends hair [emoji173]️

Took 4 months and I used Olaplex but I'm really happy with it.

Once the colour was right I put in a micro lock leave using NewU Hair Extensions weft in Stockholm [emoji7]

Hope use like xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463154647.502709.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463154663.284901.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463154673.107785.jpg

Looks nice! Was there much damage? I'm trying to decide to go back blonde from black but such a long process with some not very nice shades -.- X

Looks nice! Was there much damage? I'm trying to decide to go back blonde from black but such a long process with some not very nice shades -.- X

A good hairdresser will never allow you to leave the salon with an undesirable shade!

If I was taking some black to blonde i'd always tone it at each stage to ensure the clients hair is presentable. Not leave it orange.

A good hairdresser will never allow you to leave the salon with an undesirable shade!

If I was taking some black to blonde i'd always tone it at each stage to ensure the clients hair is presentable. Not leave it orange.

Ah right! I went to a very high end salon today had a consultation about going blonde and she said it could take around 6 months and I'd have to expect to leave with some not very nice looking shades and be able to put up with them for a month untill my next visit! She Was saying which I already knew that the underlying pigment of my hair will be copper/red and then orange so I'll have to put up with the colour through those stages, don't really want to walk around with orange hair lol

Is that a dig?

1. I was still studying when I started this process so having a dig at a student is a pretty low blow.

2. I did use ash toners on the hair each time and followed manufacturers instructions to the letter.

I think for a student I did well given my limited experience, would I have done some things different if I was to go through this again? Yes of course but that is the whole point in learning and I don't care how long someone has been hairdressing for you are always learning.

I found this on Modern Salon and I totally agree with this picture...

Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463164956.297102.jpg

Hiya Hun,
There wasn't much damage no but that was because I used Olaplex as a treatment before colouring, in my colours and every other week in between colours plus I used Keratin Complex keratin shots too which I really liked and changed up my friends shampoo and product range to help with any damage.

She came in to the salon when the Francesco Educator came in and she was really impressed with the condition of my friends hair which isn't a reflection on me I feel but a reflection on the importance of using good quality products [emoji5]️ xx

Is that a dig?

1. I was still studying when I started this process so having a dig at a student is a pretty low blow.

2. I did use ash toners on the hair each time and followed manufacturers instructions to the letter.

I think for a student I did well given my limited experience, would I have done some things different if I was to go through this again? Yes of course but that is the whole point in learning and I don't care how long someone has been hairdressing for you are always learning.

Xx

View attachment 197162

I really don't think he was having a dig. Masie was saying she was worried about having to deal with not nice shades if she were to go through the process so cams was just responding to that saying a good hair dresser won't leave her with an awful colour that it would be toned so it would still look presentable I highly doubt it was about you or your work. If you've ever seen cams post on here you'd see he's really knowledgeable and helpful to both newbies and oldies xx

I really don't think he was having a dig. Masie was saying she was worried about having to deal with not nice shades if she were to go through the process so cams was just responding to that saying a good hair dresser won't leave her with an awful colour that it would be toned so it would still look presentable I highly doubt it was about you or your work. If you've ever seen cams post on here you'd see he's really knowledgeable and helpful to both newbies and oldies xx

To me it just felt like a bit of a dig and if it wasn't I apologise.

I think sometimes when your learning something new you can be a bit sensitive xx

Ah right! I went to a very high end salon today had a consultation about going blonde and she said it could take around 6 months and I'd have to expect to leave with some not very nice looking shades and be able to put up with them for a month untill my next visit! She Was saying which I already knew that the underlying pigment of my hair will be copper/red and then orange so I'll have to put up with the colour through those stages, don't really want to walk around with orange hair lol

I just wouldn't leave anyone to walk around orange for months!

What you could do is, let them know your main goal is blonde, but you want to play around with different brown-darker blonde shades in between.

Is that a dig?

Xx

View attachment 197162

No, it was not a dig.

Yeah, you are always still learning. I'm a big believer in that. I don't agree with that picture though, if they'd of put a brown shade in the middle then i'd agree.

As you believe you're always learning, you could take from what i said and apply it next time you have a colour correction like this. You've done a great job, the end result is lovely and you've got the client where she wanted, but the in between stages aren't really acceptable.

Look amazing ! You should be so proud. I'm currently getting my friend from black to blonde. We're nearly there. I left her with ginger hair for a few days and I mean bright orange haha!! She wasn't bothered and just had it up as her roots were still dark. You can't tone every colour to a perfect acceptable shade and sometimes the client has to have a less desirable shade for a while. If they understand that then there is no problems. Your friend obviously wasn't bothered so don't let it worry you x

Look amazing ! You should be so proud. I'm currently getting my friend from black to blonde. We're nearly there. I left her with ginger hair for a few days and I mean bright orange haha!! She wasn't bothered and just had it up as her roots were still dark. You can't tone every colour to a perfect acceptable shade and sometimes the client has to have a less desirable shade for a while. If they understand that then there is no problems. Your friend obviously wasn't bothered so don't let it worry you x

Why not?

Lift up to orange, use 7/81 and 5/81 over top, perfect neutral brown. Want to keep some warmth? Opt for 7/81 and 5/ instead.

Lift up to orange yellow - 7/81 perfect neutral 7.

Lift up to yellow 8/69.

Easy.

Well done looks lovely and your lucky your client was patient ! some think they can go bleach blonde from black in one go drives me mad they dont realise you have to be patient x

Latest posts

Back