Black to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey269

Reaction score
Hi all about a month a go I had sum black low lights put in my hair but it don't suit me as much as the blonde did so trying to strip it out naturally usin head and shoulders and borax anyone else got any other suggestions, I don't really want use a chemical stripper as I'm scared of how much it will damage my hair . All help appreciated

Your going to have to use bleach and also if you have Olaplex I would recommend that too! [emoji4]

Op, are you a hairdresser?

?.. so trying to strip it out naturally usin head and shoulders and borax....I don't really want use a chemical stripper as I'm scared of how much it will damage my hair.

That's the funniest thing I've read in ages. :D:eek:

Your going to have to use bleach and also if you have Olaplex I would recommend that too!
emoji4.png
Hi what is olaplex and where can I get it from
That's the funniest thing I've read in ages. :D:eek:
wots so funny ?

Olaplex is an additive you put in the bleach to help with breakage! And you can probably get it online I'm not sure exactly where you live I'm over in the US!

Hi what is olaplex and where can I get it from

wots so funny ?

Whats so funny is that borax and head and shoulders are both chemical compounds and probably more damaging than a professional colour remover.

It was funny because you mistakenly believe that using the correct professional products is somehow more damaging than applying a homemade strong alkaline mixture and believing it's somehow natural and better! :rolleyes:

Whats so funny is that borax and head and shoulders are both chemical compounds and probably more damaging than a professional colour remover.
I was told it wasn't by my teacher who is a fully qualified hairdresser I maybe wrong which is why Iv cum on here to look for advice off professionals but instead I'm getting laughed at

Olaplex is an additive you put in the bleach to help with breakage! And you can probably get it online I'm not sure exactly where you live I'm over in the US!
Hiya I live in the uk will have to look online x

I was told it wasn't by my teacher who is a fully qualified hairdresser I maybe wrong which is why Iv cum on here to look for advice off professionals but instead I'm getting laughed at

Apologies, honestly, we're not laughing at you. It was the bonkers suggestion that was bizarre/funny.

I'm concerned that your hairdressing tutor appears to be giving you poor advice though.
Unfortunately, some tutors stick with what they've been doing for 20+ years and don't keep updated with new products and techniques.

I had one at college (very old school) who insisted generic developers were no different to branded ones. :rolleyes:

Apologies, honestly, we're not laughing at you. It was the bonkers suggestion that was bizarre/funny.

I'm concerned that your hairdressing tutor appears to be giving you poor advice though.
Unfortunately, some tutors stick with what they've been doing for 20+ years and don't keep updated with new products and techniques.

I had one at college (very old school) who insisted generic developers were no different to branded ones. :rolleyes:
Ok so shall I give the head and shoulders mixed wiv a borax a miss I just wanna try get the black out as much as I can before bleaching with out damaging my hair all opinions welcome x

If you use bleach correctly it doesn't damage hair it's when people don't understand how to use it when it becomes damaging.
You say your still training could you not get one of the level 3's to have a look at it as a colour correction as they will be under the guidance of the teachers. There are certain colour removers/reducers that don't contain bleach this could be an option

Can you post a picture of your hair now and tell us what products were used.

It's normal for trainees to want to experiment with colour as its like a kid being let loose in a sweet shop when you first get access to all the pro brand colours in the college/salon. Unfortunately, a lot of newbies end up really damaging their hair as they play around with the chemicals without really understanding what it's all about. Have you got a good textbook?
If you're keen to learn, I'd strongly recommend you sign up to
http://www.mhdacademy.com

It's endorsed by City & Guilds and contains lots of excellent video tutorials and carefully written notes to supplement your learning. It's completely up to date with techniques and importantly, doesn't contain any silly advice that could cause you to fail if you repeated it in an exam!

In order to remove the colour, you/we need to know what was applied. Do you understand the differences between direct dyes, semi, quasi and permanent colours? You wouldn't normally use the same products to remove a direct dye as you would a permanent, for instance.

You mentioned lowlights and it being black and blonde. Highlights and lowlights are really meant to be subtle colour changes that reflect the light and give a greater dimension to the colour when the hair moves. If you had a client asking for black with her blonde hair you wouldn't call it lowlights.
You'd probably refer to contrasting panels of colour.

Latest posts

Back