Blackberry question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I'm with virgin for my blackberry and use facebook a lot. I want to do the PLACES and TAG people but I cant seem to access it.

it does say in the instructions that I have read and re-read umpteen times that it depends on your server.

My son has a blackberry and is on orange and he has no problem.

any ideas?

hmm, my blackberry is on o2. and I find that the places will work if I am connected to my wifi, but if I am out and about and just using gprs to use facebook, if often wont connect to places as there isn't enough signal to connect to it. I would maybe pop to the shop where you bought it from and see if they can help. hope you get it sorted xx

As far as I'm aware Virgin use the T-Mobile network, who are in partnership with Orange(I'm on Orange)

When I'm not in a Orange area I automaticaly pick up the T-Mobile signal.

I think that the link below could be of benifit to you :)

Increase Your Mobile Network Coverage with T-Mobile & Orange

andy :)

I think it also depends on the model for some reason as I can't check-in on mine, even when connected to wi-fi, but I know lots of other people with Blackberrys who can.

I've just spoken to son and he says he can't connect to it either we get the message

your location is temporarily not available.

I tried again today in bannatynes as I know they have good wifi service and they have also been tagged previously, still nothing.

I have emailed virgin but no answer yet.

I'll be interested what response you get as I'm also on virgin with my blackberry, and couldn't work out how to checkin somewhere the other day...I got the same message as you

I'll be interested what response you get as I'm also on virgin with my blackberry, and couldn't work out how to checkin somewhere the other day...I got the same message as you
its never worked for me, and my son is on orange and he gets the same response.

has yours every worked?

I have just had a call from virgin saying that they do support this application and say because I can access the internet and bbm it must be facebook.

they've told me to go to applications and remove facebook, reload it then take the battery out for 30 seconds and then it will reboot.

am going to try it and see if it works.

Latest posts

Back