Blackhead removal during facial

Hi
I have a client booked in the afternoon for a facial. She told me on the phone she would like her black heads removed.
My facial routine is -
Cleanse
Tone
Exfoliate
Massage
Mask
Moisture

At which point during the facial do you recommend I use the comedone extractor?

CFBS

Ideally you should steam before trying to extract comedones as the heat will help soften and open the pores.
If you don't have a steamer then use hot towels instead.
What methods did you learn during your facial training?

Ideally you should steam before trying to extract comedones as the heat will help soften and open the pores.
If you don't have a steamer then use hot towels instead.
What methods did you learn during your facial training?
We used steam in college but I trained over 20 years ago. I was thinking of using a hot towel. Should this be done before or after the mask?

CFBS

We used steam in college but I trained over 20 years ago. I was thinking of using a hot towel. Should this be done before or after the mask?
There's always debate about when to steam but I do it in this order when working on an oily or combination skin type:
  1. Cleanse
  2. exfoliate
  3. rinse & tone
  4. steam (or hot towel for 10 mins)
  5. extract
  6. tone
  7. massage
  8. mask
  9. moisturiser
Once you have completed a consultation you will know which precise products to use from your range.
Generally, people never have as bad a problem as they think.
Quite often a good strong exfoliating product is sufficient for their needs and some good home care advice!

I was taught to do the steam/hot towels then extraction, following the exfoliation and before the massage. Hope this helps.
Oh on a side note, I came across your post because I was putting up a post of my own asking what facials kits people are using or recommend. Mind me asking what you'd recommend?

Thanks for your replies. I use Kaeso cleanser, toner, exfoliated, massage cream and moisturiser and casmara prestige masks x

Thanks for your replies. I use Kaeso cleanser, toner, exfoliated, massage cream and moisturiser and casmara prestige masks x
Oh that's good. Kaeso was who I was thinking of switching to. Thanks.