Blackheads after fake tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

cindypolina

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys,

After doing some research I have learnt that its the guide colour in fake tans that can cause that horrible blackhead effect. I really do not want to part with my bondi sands ultra dark but feel there is no other option but to go for a clear tan. Does anyone have any recommendations to try out so I can continue using the bondi sands without it giving off the blackhead effect?

If not, can anyone recommend some great clear tans that will be of the same colour as bondi sands ultra dark? Preferably non-comedogenic is possible!

Many thanks :)

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
Hi there, can you tell me your tanning routine from when you shower?

cindypolina

Reaction score
Hi there, can you tell me your tanning routine from when you shower?
Hi Ash,
Thanks for your response. After I shower/exfoliate I usually wait at least 1 hour before tanning to close my pores and then I will keep as cool as possible after (but not always possible!). I don’t moisturise after except for dry spots like elbows and hands. I have tried putting ice in the past but feel like it doesn’t work to close the pores. I then just go in with the tan, usually two layers and after an hour of drying I like to put powder on to remove the sticky feel. Thanks!

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
Hi Ash,
Thanks for your response. After I shower/exfoliate I usually wait at least 1 hour before tanning to close my pores and then I will keep as cool as possible after (but not always possible!). I don’t moisturise after except for dry spots like elbows and hands. I have tried putting ice in the past but feel like it doesn’t work to close the pores. I then just go in with the tan, usually two layers and after an hour of drying I like to put powder on to remove the sticky feel. Thanks!
OK so I would generally wait until the next day to tan after a shower at night or even shower in the morning and tan that night if you want to sleep in your tan. I always recommend waiting for atleast 6 hours after you shower, definitely the next day after shaving as shaving opens the pores and makes the skin more sensitive. Are you spray tanning or using mousse?

If you're using 2 layers that's probably why youre getting black heads aswell as your putting double the amount of bronzer on also. 2 light layers is fine, but just 2 light layers.

donnamich

Reaction score
I have this issue with tans that have a dark guide colour. I use a clear tan from solspa xx

Latest posts