/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindypolina

Reaction score
/

Last edited:
Hi there, can you tell me your tanning routine from when you shower?

/

Last edited:
Hi Ash,
Thanks for your response. After I shower/exfoliate I usually wait at least 1 hour before tanning to close my pores and then I will keep as cool as possible after (but not always possible!). I don’t moisturise after except for dry spots like elbows and hands. I have tried putting ice in the past but feel like it doesn’t work to close the pores. I then just go in with the tan, usually two layers and after an hour of drying I like to put powder on to remove the sticky feel. Thanks!

OK so I would generally wait until the next day to tan after a shower at night or even shower in the morning and tan that night if you want to sleep in your tan. I always recommend waiting for atleast 6 hours after you shower, definitely the next day after shaving as shaving opens the pores and makes the skin more sensitive. Are you spray tanning or using mousse?

If you're using 2 layers that's probably why youre getting black heads aswell as your putting double the amount of bronzer on also. 2 light layers is fine, but just 2 light layers.

I have this issue with tans that have a dark guide colour. I use a clear tan from solspa xx

Latest posts

Back