Blackheads and acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qutique

Reaction score
How do you get rid of blackheads and spots.

Tried Proactive for acne. Does not work.

How do you get rid of blackheads and spots.

Tried Proactive for acne. Does not work.
First you would need to have a good skin care regime.Cleanse,tone moisturise twice a day.

I would recommend exfoliating 3 times a week with a gentle facial product.Dont do any more often or you could dry the skin out and leave the skin more prone to infection.

Steaming the face is excellent for opening the pores and then you can use either a comedone(black head remover)extractor or use 2 pieces of tissue wrapped around your fingers whilst gently rocking the blackhead so easing it out from the skin.

If you are doing this yourself make sure your hands are clean first as you dont want to re-introduce any bacteria into the skin.

Make sure your pillow cases are clean/changed regularly as these hoard germs.

Eating a good diet is also needed as you are what you eat and also drink plenty of water.

If you are unsure about anything,i.e skin care products it may be a good idea to go to a therapist and have a skin analysis and facial done.The therapist can recommend a facial product suitable for your skin type.HTH

Hi

I am not sure how severe your acne is. If it is severe, you should consult your doctor, who would be the best person to prescribe something to help you. ProActiv has alot of harsh ingredients in it, so I wont recommend it personally.

I notice that you live in Antigua, so obviously, your skin is exposed to alot of sunshine and hot weather.

Your skin may hyper-pigmentate when the spots heal (leave dark marks) because of the sunny weather. To try and avoid this, use a sunscreen at least twice daily to protect your skin.

As Babs said above, exfoliate weekly, but with a gentle product, not the abrasive ones.

Just be very careful with your diet. Try to eat loads of salads, fruits and vegetables. Eat oily or fried food in moderation. As Babs said above, drink loads of water.

Goodluck, and hope your skin clears up.

Hi Hun

Don't be afraid to go to your doctor for help with acne. Particularly if its severe.

Try following Babs advice and see if you see any improvement first, but if not, definitely get an appointment to see a dermatologist.

There is help available for acne sufferers, so don't suffer in silence. :hug:

Thanks, girls! I don't know how old Qutique is, but I just turned 40 this year and have had these problems throughout my 30's. Not severe enough to go to a dermatologist but sometimes embarrassing. I also have tried Proactive (2 years) and found that the Aveeno Clear Complexion system works better. Good luck!

i have blackheads on my nose and chin. i have had a cyrstal claer beauty flash treatment and i have noticed a change. i cleanse, tone, mask etc. and i have noticed a difference. im now very happy with my skin, and i now have a beauty flash once a month. it also takes away and dead skin cells on your skin. i love it. i had spots in my teens, but i went on the pill, and that has made my skin better for spots. Guinot do a good facial wash for acne skin. i think its called microbotics. HTH xx

Do therpists offer this as a service removing blackheads? I've ahd them for so long on my nose and they wont come out really very annoying.

Do therpists offer this as a service removing blackheads? I've ahd them for so long on my nose and they wont come out really very annoying.

Yeah some do, its called comedone extraction!

Ah thanks honey will have to see if anyone my way does this thena nd go and treat myself

Blackheads on the nose and chin are a buggar. Until I used the tea tree nose and chin strips they are excellent and when used correctly you really see how well they work removing them without squeezing.. Lots of water really does make a difference. Im a coffee drinker and have started to drink more water now and my skin is starting to look better for the first time since I was a baby... Nimue I am getting used to and there is a good improvement... Got to get the toxins out before the good shows as they say....

Witch hazel is a great toner and cheap and a tea tree moisturiser is great for break outs as people with oily skin think they shouldn't use one... We should:)

Take care
x

Latest posts

Back