Blackheads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica_x

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Right...I suffer from blackheads and I hate themmmm!!!!! They are sick I've had them for years I only suffer from them don't usually get any other spots they are on my nose and chin worser on my nose...I've used the strips and facial washes but still no help...has anyone got any solutions please in desperate help.....?????????

Thanks

I am NOT a skin geek...but are you exfoliating ??

the way to get rid of them is to remove ,or have them removed then regular exfoliation should help you

Erm I have done but not I havent in a while...I'm sure what products to use really

Your best bet is to find a local reputable salon and get a good cleansing facial from them. They will then be able to recommend products suitable for your skin type as it's very difficult for us to be specific without actually seeing your skin.

Suggest you use Swissdermyl's Enzyme Peel

Well there are blackheads which are hard lumps of sebum that are quite large and you can squeeze out in a good satisfying lump and quite often they do not come back for a good while and sometimes not at all or there are overactive sebacious glands in your nose which are probably what you have.

The oil we produce can block a pore which then oxidises (the same thing that happens to silver in the air,it turns black) This is what you see.

You can squeeze and scrub all you like but the more you do that the more you tell the pore to produce oil andthe more black pores.

I bet you only started with a few but now because of all the creams and scrubs and squeezing and strips you now actually have them all over.

LEAVE them alone just use a good cleanser,toner (containing no alcohol),and light moisuriser,gentle scrub once or twice a week depending on age,kaolin mask (a lot of masks contain this) and otherwise leave alone.

Gillian, what a fab response, !
Makes sense to me, I have these too all over my nose, cheeks and chin grrrrrrrr...

So will the regular cleansing and toning etc....actually help to remove the ming that is already there, or are we stuck with them for life now ?

I know the message you sent about your blackheads was sent a while ago but if you are still having problems with them here are a few tips, you could do this treatment at home in which case cleanse, tone, exfoliate do a steam treatment to open the pores then gently squeeze your blackheads but don't let them bleed (if you went to a salon they would put oxygenating cream on your face with a gauze over your face and use a direct high frequency machine which is deep cleansing. The therapist would spark your blackheads, this has a germacidal effect that kills bacteria in the skin). Tone with whitch hazel and moisturise with a light moisturiser.
I hope this information is useful :hug:

Gillian, what a fab response, !
Makes sense to me, I have these too all over my nose, cheeks and chin grrrrrrrr...

So will the regular cleansing and toning etc....actually help to remove the ming that is already there, or are we stuck with them for life now ?

They stop when your skin stops producing the excess oil ,but as you get older skin slackens pores loosen and your pores look more open and can often be black with the oxidised sebum.
When you are older skin cells need to be removed more often as we stop doing it naturally so exfoliation should be carried out more regularly.

Some great advice here, very useful to me as I have blocked pores on my nose too.

the only thing that ever gets rid of them, is when I have been in the sun for awhile and the sun tends to dry them up and close the pores.

But do I ever stick to a cleansing routine to keep them that way....Hell no! I should do tho!

Latest posts

Back