blast oh blast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
When using Fabric#, can you use brush on blast instead of the spray and vice versa

debbiepromotions said:
When using Fabric#, can you use brush on blast instead of the spray and vice versa
Only when you want your clients to shoot through the roof ;)

Build needs Blast to cure which is a fast acting activator.
Boost needs the brush on which is a slow release activator. If you use the fast activator on Boost... the exothermic reaction will make your clients say words you never thought actually existed :)
(not to mention you will shock cure Boost and make it brittle)

Hope this helps

Hi Debs,
I think you will find that you have to use the products in relation to one another, as stated on the instructions.
good question thought, but I would be concerend about the heat build up when the resins cure, different resin thickness different activators so to speak.
love Ruth xxxx

Just a thought, the brush on and the spray are both called blast and both activators. Wouldn`t want to hear any naughty language now would I????

Received my Fabric# trial kit today and have tried it on a few nails. Beautiful system, superb nails!! :thumbsup:
I had laid out the bottles according to their numbering, and then read the manual. Got puzzled for a minute.... :huh: Strange that the one you use to activate Build #2 is in effect Blast #4 spray, as to activate Boost #3, then you need Blast #2.1.... :huh: Mister Fabric# manufacturer might want to review the numbering again... :D
But then, I tried it and then it made sense, as long as you remember that Boost will need to be spread and levelled... so you really need the brush-on! :p
Will have to book the course now... Ha la la... it never stops.... :D

. Got puzzled for a minute.... Strange that the one you use to activate Build #2 is in effect Blast #4 spray, as to activate Boost #3, then you need Blast #2.1.... Mister Fabric# manufacturer might want to review the numbering again... :LOL

Yep, have to agree with Nats on this one.........what in ':evil: :evil:' was going on when they decided on the numbering - Great idea to number, but would prefer sequential ;)

Adele

When we re-label ... they will be colour coordinated and numbered differently to make things more clear ... And by that time you will all know what you are doing anyway and won't even look at the labels :D
But it will be easier for new users.

I am totally impressed by it! :)
I have completed two full sets today and I am really amazed by the finish!
More importantly my clients are too!
:)

Feel embarrased on this one tho....... :oops: I am wiping the brush of the blast 2.1 after spreading the boost and Im not returning it to the bottle until I do.....BUT....the brush appears to have stiffened a little...........I know its most probably something Im doing or not doing....... :rolleyes: but I am a relatively new kid on the block!
Is this whats supposed to happen.....? :?:
Dont get me wrong its not like hard and unmanageable at all.....just not as flexible.....
Counting the days now to the next available "wrap it" conversion at Ludlow!
:D

The brush shouldn't stiffen. You are leaving adhesive in the brush.

Take the brush when you have finished spreading the bead and using a small square of terry towel (I cut up old ones into little squares) or a lint free GAUZE pad - don't wipe back and forth BUT do 3 or 4 circles with the brush on the pad first in one direction and then in the other before returning to the bottle.

If your brush has gone stiff, leave it in the bottle and in 15 minutes it will be soft again ... but that is no good on the salon :D Your client can't wait 15 minutes before you can go on to the next nail!!

You can purchase extra brushes to have in case of emergency. In the student kit there is an extra brush included so you can swap them over if you get into trouble. Once you get the hang of it though, you won't have any trouble.

Oh and another thing. If you find your brush is still loaded with some adhesive when you have spread the bead, you can go on to the next nail to use it up before wiping and returning to the bottle. Remember though that this coat will be thinner and you will still need to add another bead of BOOST. Make sense??

Thank you Geeg....soooo much
I suspected it was something simple and, yes.....your answer makes perfect sense!
Ill give your suggestions some practice today.....

:D

I was trying a trick or two passed on to me about fg / silk last night. After I applied the Build, took my spray and gave it a squirt..... Ouille!!! :boom: that was hot!!
Ok, ok... I was also doing other things at the same time :rolleyes: and I was a wee bit too close when I sprayed.... so yes I know I am guilty :blush:, but one thing for sure, I will make extra sure when doing a set that I spray from the correct distance!!

Try to remember that all layers of Resin should be fairly thin -- the thicker the coat of BUILD or BOOST the more heat will be generated when the drying process begins. If there is heat then it is an indication that you are using too much resin or too much activator.

In any case -- thin layers build flexibility into the finished enhancement --- if you work too thick they can tend to shatter.

One shouldn't feel any heat at all if the resin is the right thickness and if you don't spray too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back