Bleach advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she has smth like full head of hilites, she is more blonde than dark, the good thing is that she wants to go short haircut, so if they are any damaged ends will not be a problem.
i am aware that wella has an ultralift, but it will not lift till shade 12, how bout if i put some bleach in the ultralift, will it lift then? what are the chances to get to 12 from 5 in theese conditions?
what would u do if u were me ?
(the hair is not that coarse, rather thin than coarse) !!!

I would bleach roots with 20 vol for half an hour, then rinse, condition, dry and bleach all over with 10 vol starting with the roots again...and tone with a level 10/9 violet ash...

You shouldn't use bleach in with highlift, the levels of ammonia are already extremely high.

I would bleach roots with 20 vol for half an hour, then rinse, condition, dry and bleach all over with 10 vol starting with the roots again...and tone with a level 10/9 violet ash...

You shouldn't use bleach in with highlift, the levels of ammonia are already extremely high.

i am not sure if 20 vol will lift enough, and then 10 vol...i would go with more than 20 on the roots, maybe 30 and see how much is lifting. what do you say ?

she has smth like full head of hilites, she is more blonde than dark, the good thing is that she wants to go short haircut, so if they are any damaged ends will not be a problem.
i am aware that wella has an ultralift, but it will not lift till shade 12, how bout if i put some bleach in the ultralift, will it lift then? what are the chances to get to 12 from 5 in theese conditions?
what would u do if u were me ?
(the hair is not that coarse, rather thin than coarse) !!!

Im a little shocked and saddened by the fact that you think it's ok to damage someone's hair because they want it cut short!!

Their is no such thing as a shade 12 it's actually a 10 but optically it looks lighter because of the amount of tone in this range.

The only safe way to reach this light is bleach with 20vol, bleach with 10vol after 35 mons of the first lot being on, rinsed then apply 10vol bleach, lift to a pale yellow, rinse and tone with a violet, but I'm base 5 and I need my roots done every 2 weeks, do I would not suggest this service for a client! I'd say no personally x

i am not sure if 20 vol will lift enough, and then 10 vol...i would go with more than 20 on the roots, maybe 30 and see how much is lifting. what do you say ?

10 vol will lift you just need to wait for it and be patient, the stronger the peroxide the more damage you'll get with bleach!! I can't stress this enough!

Im a little shocked and saddened by the fact that you think it's ok to damage someone's hair because they want it cut short!!

Their is no such thing as a shade 12 it's actually a 10 but optically it looks lighter because of the amount of tone in this range.

The only safe way to reach this light is bleach with 20vol, bleach with 10vol after 35 mons of the first lot being on, rinsed then apply 10vol bleach, lift to a pale yellow, rinse and tone with a violet, but I'm base 5 and I need my roots done every 2 weeks, do I would not suggest this service for a client! I'd say no personally x
right, first of all, where i come from, if the customer wants to burn her hair, she`s gonna burn it, becuz the owner of the shop tell u to do it, no matter what. got it? we are not all like u working in a salon where we do what we want, and of course we are not all perfect.
u know how dumb they are and they want blond....what do u want me to do? just lose my job becuz of a dumb one?
thanks a lot....

for your solution, i must tell u that it is the best one, until now, and most likely i will follow what u wrote there.

cheers!!!

Sinless, can i just interject, if a client regardless of where they came from went to a PROFESSIONAL and asked for this PAYING SERVICE i would seriously give my honest opinion even if my boss hated it-(in my case me!).

Im pretty appalled if the owner of your salon just tells you to do it regardless if it burns or singes off their hair, i would be dissatified with the service, proberly complain and maybe even sue.

If a client wishes to go blonde, consultations are essential and if the end result is not achieveable dependen on previous colour/texture etc i would still give my HONEST PROFESSIONAL opinion. At the end of the day thats why the come to see you! I have a sneeky suspicion that if your owner expects quite alot i woulnt be surprised if strand tests or patch tests being conducted 48hours prior. i would seriously find another salon to work at if these are the conditions. xoxo

Latest posts

Back