Bleach advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
i trainiee hairdresser as you all know i coloured my friends hair about four weeks ago her hair was virgin base 6 i did high and low lights in 6.003 nw rusk with 6% and 9.00nw just for a natural look as she did not want it to blonde and to cover her greys only about 10% greys she now wants more blonde lol.. so im thinking full head of blonde highlights as obv tint does not lift tint but do i use 6% or 9% i was thinking 6% because dont want it develop to quickly as she does not want the high lights bright blonde so if i use 6% i know it will develope slower but will this develop on the low lights to about a base 9

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Start with 3% in back 6% on sides and top depending how quick you are, just out of interest why use rusk? X

so do 3% with bleach at back and then the top and sides with 6% and bleach? .. oh long story when i was messing about with my hair its the only one i could find a good fact sheet about there colours online so bought them for my hair but never used them soo thought id use them on my friend who does not mind being my guinea pig lol :)

if she was paying id of gone bought a better brand but i was doing it for free so just using what i had lol .. can i ask why 3 % at the back? is it to avoid the all over intense blonde wich she does not want x

oh i get it now so it gives me time to get all the foils and devolpe at same time is this correct if so wot a great idea it usually take me about 1hour and 30 mins i no i need to get quicker which is why i keep practicing :)

You never need higher than 3% or 6% with bleach, don't forget the back but will be on for at least an hour!!

And it's not heavily coloured either so pretty virgin still in some places x

yea true great advice.. at college they use 9% but she did say its better for hair to use a lower peroxide as it is healthier for the hair just takes longer to develop so you would say only ever use 3 and 6% no matter what x

and because we are all still training and we use 9% all over we have to start washing yhe back ones out with anti oxi whilst the others develop thats why when i clicked on to what you said its actually a really good tip x

Yes, that's all I ever use! X

ol thankyou for advice x

and just to let you know it all went fine i got foils put in in a hour and 15 mins :) but that even using that 3% at back it deveolped really quick obv because of the heat x

Well done. I remember feeling like full head foils was never going to end haha! :)

Well done. I remember feeling like full head foils was never going to end haha! :)

i know that feeling lol x

same question here, more or less, having a customer next week, from height 5 she wants to go totally blonde, she had some highlights in the past, working with wella, she wants to go from 5 to somewhere on the range of 12 but without warm reflects, only cold, so something like platinum blonde....

was thinking about doing full bleach with 12% but a little bit afraid !!! (and at the end some toner to cool down the color) any advices????...cheers !!!

same question here, more or less, having a customer next week, from height 5 she wants to go totally blonde, she had some highlights in the past, working with wella, she wants to go from 5 to somewhere on the range of 12 but without warm reflects, only cold, so something like platinum blonde....

was thinking about doing full bleach with 12% but a little bit afraid !!! (and at the end some toner to cool down the color) any advices????...cheers !!!

Never use bleach higher than 20 vol!

and in ur opinion, what should i use to get to that color???

Didn't fully understand your post...highlights or full head and what exactly is her colour at the moment?

Didn't fully understand your post...highlights or full head and what exactly is her colour at the moment?

she has 5 base (4 cm) with higlites and she wants to go fully (no lites, just full color) to 12 cold shade !!! (all head blond, all head bleached, that`s what she wants) (lenght of the hair, approx 30 cm )

she has 5 base (4 cm) with higlites and she wants to go fully (no lites, just full color) to 12 cold shade !!! (all head blond, all head bleached, that`s what she wants) (lenght of the hair, approx 30 cm )

Has she got a lot of build up of highlights? Im always weary of doing this because you get root glow more often than not, and you can't lighten the ends without lightening the already lightened hair which causes damage and it's going to be bloody harsh when her roots come through if she's s base 5

she has smth like full head of hilites, she is more blonde than dark, the good thing is that she wants to go short haircut, so if they are any damaged ends will not be a problem.
i am aware that wella has an ultralift, but it will not lift till shade 12, how bout if i put some bleach in the ultralift, will it lift then? what are the chances to get to 12 from 5 in theese conditions?
what would u do if u were me ?
(the hair is not that coarse, rather thin than coarse) !!!

Latest posts

Back