Bleach alternative advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgina94x

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a high lift tint in the wella range, one of my clients/bestfriends has a bleach allergy but wants to just start having her roots done rather than a full head of babylights. Or even nearly every hair in a foil, I've never had to use the special blondes before and never really used them at college, all my blondes are highlights or not sensitive to bleach. I've seen a few good results from people using them but I don't want to use them and end up with really warm results she's a natural level 6/7. Thank you 😊

Could anyone recommend a high lift tint in the wella range, one of my clients/bestfriends has a bleach allergy but wants to just start having her roots done rather than a full head of babylights. Or even nearly every hair in a foil, I've never had to use the special blondes before and never really used them at college, all my blondes are highlights or not sensitive to bleach. I've seen a few good results from people using them but I don't want to use them and end up with really warm results she's a natural level 6/7. Thank you 😊
2 parts 12/89 + 1part 12/81 was always my go to with 12% left for a full hour.. But you cannot overlap this on to the already lightened hair.

Thank you so much 🙏

I'd strongly suggest asking your friend to visit a doctor to find out exactly what she's allergic to and to be very careful if you apply any colour.

The main worry is that most skin testing policies begin with something along the lines of "Do Not colour if the client has ever had an allergy to a colouring product".

Although allergies are very unlikely if anything were to happen I'd expect your insurance to be invalidated as the skin testing procedure might not have been followed.

One of my clients had a reaction to bleach. We discovered that she has an intolerance to persulphates. But hers must have been at a certain level, because she was fine with KP special blonde + 12%. But not at all okay with blondor + 3%.
Although there are persulphates in the Highlift it's at a lower quantity than of bleach.

Latest posts

Back