Bleach and developer volume

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbradley936

Reaction score
OK I am not talking about dark hair now but a tinted level 8 (Koleston 8/0)
who wants some blonde highlights. Would a 20 vol be OK to mix with the bleach on that? I want to be as gentle as possible and could just whack in 40 and keep watching but I wanted someone with more experience than me to say "Yes that should be enough lift". OR "You are wasting your time do not bother with low strength developers".

The bleach I would be using is Wella Blondor if that makes any difference.

i personally would need to see it and if i were u do a development cutting to keep tabs on it, set a timer every ten mins to check it and see how it goes. depends on the condition of the hair, the strength used with the original 8/0. . but i would probs use 6% and keep an eye on the hair every ten mins. .

The only difference in using a low volume with bleach is the amount of time it takes to process. You can actually achieve the same degree of lightness with a 5 vol or 1.5% and a 12% or 40 volume if you leave the lower volume on long enough.

Use what you are more comfortable with, that fits with your personal speed and skill level.

depends on how fast you are , and how light you want them, and how course the hair is .

agree with jeni, you can get the exact same lift as a 12% with pastel or 6%, it just takes a lot longer. you could use 6% but put in a bit of 9% too if you want that security. or if after 20min it hasnt lifted much go over it with bleach and 9% or 12%.
x

Latest posts

Back