Bleach bath advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJSinger

Reaction score
Hello,

I Have been reading some threads on here recently and I have noticed a few on bleach baths. I have personally never done one before and was never introduced to this at college. I just wondered if someone could give me a bit of advice about them please? I understand you mix bleach powder with peroxide and also shampoo? When is the best time to use one? Does it not come out quite patchy if you are trying to strip a dark colour for example ? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I Have been reading some threads on here recently and I have noticed a few on bleach baths. I have personally never done one before and was never introduced to this at college. I just wondered if someone could give me a bit of advice about them please? I understand you mix bleach powder with peroxide and also shampoo? When is the best time to use one? Does it not come out quite patchy if you are trying to strip a dark colour for example ? Thanks in advance.
I personally don't use them, I find the results are always disappointing and it strios the hair of any moisture. If you're wanting to lift the hair you're better off using bleach and a low developer as it's recommended to be mixed.
That's how we were trained with wella and its always worked for me.

I personally don't use them, I find the results are always disappointing and it strios the hair of any moisture. If you're wanting to lift the hair you're better off using bleach and a low developer as it's recommended to be mixed.
That's how we were trained with wella and its always worked for me.
Perfect thanks. I wasn’t keen on them when I read up about them, I prefer bleaching with low peroxide too. Feel like I have more control that way

Thanks for the advice :)

I remember doing them at college on fellow students, usually to remove excess tone or when the hair colour is heavily saturated. That was before colour reducers were readily available. I still think they can be useful when lifting black box colour a couple of levels, before going in with a colour reducer.

Mix equal quantities of powder lightener with 6% developer and shampoo in a bowl, then apply to wet hair and using your fingers, emulsify the shampoo mix, concentrating on the patches of hair that needed lifting the most.

I remember doing them at college on fellow students, usually to remove excess tone or when the hair colour is heavily saturated. That was before colour reducers were readily available. I still think they can be useful when lifting black box colour a couple of levels, before going in with a colour reducer.

Mix equal quantities of powder lightener with 6% developer and shampoo in a bowl, then apply to wet hair and using your fingers, emulsify the shampoo mix, concentrating on the patches of hair that needed lifting the most.
Okay thank you , is it kinder to the hair ?

No, as @ronray says, it can be very drying so you need to exercise caution.

Latest posts

Back