Bleach bath-how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
As the title says.....

Bleach Proxide and A deep cleansing shampoo mix and apply, I'd always try and use a low peroxide and do it slow 6%. I apply at the basin and just keep an eye on it all the time, as it can change pretty quick!

Bleach Proxide and A deep cleansing shampoo mix and apply, I'd always try and use a low peroxide and do it slow 6%. I apply at the basin and just keep an eye on it all the time, as it can change pretty quick!

So pop it all in a bowl ye and apply. Ive never done one as we always used effasor in the salon.

60ml shampoo 2
60ml hot water
1 scoop infinite platine.
Shampoo hair with shampoo three and apply, starting at back. Keep product moving. Up to 25 mins
If this isnt enough I go in again but substitute water for 6%. Again keep it moving. Reapplying if it starts disapearing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

1 scoop powder lightener
1 scoop clarifying shampoo
1 scoop 6%

Would you say a bleach bath is better to cleansing? I've always used effasor also and never done a bleach bath :)

I always use rusk eliminate so interesting to see how everyone does there bleach bath as I have a client who is a base 4 she has been doing it at home but using marjeral to colour with and now she wants to go a bit lighter to a base 6 and i wondered if a bleach bath would be better than eliminate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think bleach baths are really good when done properly and use a low % so it's kinder to the hair. It's fab for just a few shades of lift and I find it's quite fast also!

I've also never tried using a bleach bath before but think I may give it a try, is it ok to apply a permanent colour after? Also can you use a bleach bath on hair with grey regrowth?

Last edited:
I've also never tried using a bleach bath before but think I may give it a try, is it ok to apply a permanent colour after? Also can you use a bleach bath on hair with grey regrowth?

Yeah I've applied a permanent colour after and it's been fine. As for regrowth, I would just avoid that area and apply to mid lengths and ends

Latest posts

Back