Bleach bath to gorgeous copper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitkat2020

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would love fast advice please!

My hair Hates colour, I have just put matrix 7CC on my hair and it now literally looks like a 6.0 it's gone dark brown with no copper 😕!

Year's ago I had bleach blonde which I covered with 8.4 and liked it.

I'm going to do a bleach bath on my hair and wondered your ideas on getting the best deposit of rich copper in my hair once I've done the bleach bath.
I want to achieve a nice 8.4 colour once done.

Thank you

Anyone that say ‘my hair hates colour’, needs to step away from the bleach and re-read their colour textbooks. :oops: 😆

It’s not doing what you want because you’re just throwing colours onto it without properly considering the current condition of the hair. You should know that colouring hair is NEVER a matter of choosing a colour from a chart and bunging it on. You need to look at your starting point and formulate from there.

Anyone that say ‘my hair hates colour’, needs to step away from the bleach and re-read their colour textbooks. :oops: 😆

It’s not doing what you want because you’re just throwing colours onto it without properly considering the current condition of the hair. You should know that colouring hair is NEVER a matter of choosing a colour from a chart and bunging it on. You need to look at your starting point and formulate from there.

I know, totally agree. I've been pondering over it for quite some time.
Even other stylists I have worked with have said they've never known anyone's hair take like mine!
I've had plenty of advice off people I know and even they can't seem to achieve what I am wanting. It's just really frustrating, I just want nice vibrant copper hair but it always goes brown or to a level 6 even if I use a level 8 which is annoying as I'm naturally a level 7/8 that is a sandy colour it's neither ginger nor blonde 😕

I do a lady base colour 6 so I bleach it then put a beautiful copper colour over it with no peroxide This fades in time but she just tops it up herself. Mydentity direct dyes are amazing . I only use 6% volume in bleach.

I do a lady base colour 6 so I bleach it then put a beautiful copper colour over it with no peroxide This fades in time but she just tops it up herself. Mydentity direct dyes are amazing . I only use 6% volume in bleach.
Brilliant thank you. I ended up putting coconut oil in my hair then a bleach bath with 3% over the top, rinsed it left coconut oil in my hair over night then put a 7.44 & 8.4 with 6% in my roots and same shades but with 3% on the ends, really happy with it and the condition is great too

Why are you wasting time using coconut oil? It’s not going to repair anything, you know that right?

Why are you wasting time using coconut oil? It’s not going to repair anything, you know that right?
I don't need to repair anything my hair feels great thanks!
Achieved the colour I wanted and it's in great condition.
What I put in my hair is my choice and for me I feel like leaving it in over night does a great job.
You've been ever so helpful with all your advice thanks.
Thought this forum was for people to help people not just criticise everything they write?!

Putting any sort of oil on your head then applying bleach is only going to make it harder for the bleach to penetrate and do it’s job and you’re likely to end up with patchy and inconsistent results.

I can understand clients falling for this nonsense but as a trained professional, I’m just surprised that you did this, that’s all. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Latest posts

Back