Bleach bath with 1cm regrowth - wise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ena

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Would love to get some advice from all of you regarding my hair. I’m Chinese with natural black hair and I’ve been a bleached blonde for 3 months and love it. However I would love to go a lighter blonde especially since my ends are darker than my roots. The top of my head is almost platinum and my ends are still a bit ginger.

I had my roots rebleached at the salon about 2 weeks ago, and I’ve wanted to bleach bath my whole head (with longer processing time on my ends) to achieve a more platinum shade. However I’ve been really busy and 2 weeks later I’ve got a little bit of black regrowth (definitely less than half an inch). I’m worried if I do a bleach bath now there will be a stark orange line at my roots which won’t be able to be toned. However, I don’t really have the confidence to put full strength bleach on my regrowth as I’ve got way too much hair and not enough dexterity to be thorough in bleaching it.

Would it be wise to proceed with a bleach bath to achieve a platinum shade? I don’t mind slightly darker roots as it’s only a tiny bit of regrowth but I’m worried the bleach bath will lift that 1cm regrowth to a bright orange. I would appreciate it so much if you could give me some pointers!

Attachments

• 0F278141-6C80-440E-B7D5-90D3FBEFA03A.jpeg
    0F278141-6C80-440E-B7D5-90D3FBEFA03A.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 33
Can your hairdresser not apply bleach to your ends? As you don't want to bleach bath the light blonde at the top, only the coppery ends

Latest posts

Back